It ends tonight.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ww_Crimson, Jan 6, 2009.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Let me start this off by saying I'm writing this for my own good, not to answer anyone elses questions really so if you ask a question and I ignore don't take it personally.

After one of the best nights (dates) of my life two nights ago I'm now broken up with my girlfriend of 4 months (3 days away from it anyway). Met her over the summer and she was easily the greatest girl I've met in a couple of years, if not ever. Our relationship was weak to begin with because I knew from the get go she was still having troubles getting over her ex of nearly a year ago. I didn't let it phase me too much and kept my options open in case something came along while she collected her thoughts. We had spent the summer together having a blast, and even though she wasn't technically "my girl" we always arrived together and everyone knew her as "my girl". Fast forward a bit and after a couple months of talking we were a couple; she felt like she was ready for a relationship.

Everything was perfect when we were together but I was always bothered by the fact that intimate contact was minimal between us. I brought it up a few times and the situation never improved. Hmm.. was going to type a lot more but I feel like I've lost motivation. Anyways.. I talked to my close girl friend about it (the one who I almost kissed at the bar a month ago for those of you who remember that thread) and she just told me to do what made me happy. I seriously thought about breaking up with her but just wasn't ready to do it. I genuinely love this girl. She posted some stupid ass blog on myspace last night and a lot of it made references to the past. Tonight was something religious about a new hope, a new faith, etc. I was on the phone with her (had just got home from a buddies house) when I read it and called her out on her odd behavior the past two days. She basically kept walking in circles on the phone saying she was overwhelmed about everything and I asked her if everything included me and she said no. I called her out because I knew if it didn't involve me she would feel comfortable talking to me about it.

Ended up goin to her house where the past 45 minutes was spent breaking up. I told her I felt like I was too much of a friend and that our intimate contact and gone way down the past two months and I never saw it improving. She acknowledged that she wasn't being fair to me because she wasn't giving our relationship her all. I guess the breakup was kind of amicable. I'm pretty hurt right now but I guess that's how all relationships end. Someone gets hurt anyway. A few tears were exchanged but I somehow knew that this night was coming.

I think what kills me the most is I still want to be friends with this girl because I genuinely care about her. Not like I did with the last girl I broke up with where I wanted to be friends because I thought it would be easier on her and hurt her less. This is a girl that I want to have the best things in life and hope that wherever she ends up in life, that she is happy. I told her that I cannot just be her friend at least not for a while because I care about her so much more than that.. I know that I need to cut contact for a while until the emotions die down so spare the lectures on that. Of all the girls I've known in life I think this is the first girl I've ever cried over and I think I learned a lot in this relationship. I've never felt so many emotions evoked by someone and I'm glad I got to experience that.

Anyways.. work starts in 6 hours and I'm sure I've got another hour before I fall asleep so I guess it's time to wrap things up.

Cliffs: Amicable breakup with girlfrien. Mostly upset because I don't want to lose her as a friend which is what our relationship turned into and I know things are bound to change which pains me. :(

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Sounds like you grew a lot during this relationship and that's great. Hopefully in a few years when you look back on it you'll feel the same way, that it was just a small stepping stone in your life :)

3. Televandalist

Televandalist New Member

sounds like it was a great experience, and you grew and learned from it... Try to get past the pain and take the lessons.

4. awdboost

awdboost New Member

I'm in kind of the same situation as you are with the whole after break up situation.

What kills me like you is I do want to still be friends with her right now but I know we can't at the moment. I'm not sure if me and my ex are going to stay friends or not I think that would be her decision. I want to but I don't know if we can. This is also the first girl I cried over after a breakup, so its all new to me. Hey we live we learn we move on. Never know what life has waiting for us down the line.

I feel your pain. But hope you get thru this I know I'm trying!!

5. ripcurl

ripcurl Member

I know how this goes. I have a super struggle with it in every relationship I get myself into. I wish I had some advice but I don't.. if you have any post event, let me know.

Good post and best of luck.

6. jonno

jonno New Member

good luck with everything... you'll meet someone better