It crew.. I need a job that gets me outta town

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chips, Jan 26, 2009.

1. chips

chips ...

Any suggestions on where to apply?

Im a consultant in a town of 100k people.. And I feel like I should be making alot more then I am.... id like a job where you go out upgrade someones networks/servers and then go to the next town or something..

gimme some input

2. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Tried to go into business for yourself? This is what I do is support different companies who do not wish to have full time IT staff so they come to me for whatever they need. Server, network, repair, upgrades just anything really. Sometimes it gets so busy I wish I had a second person but other times its not in the budget but definitely interesting meeting people all the time and the challenges that are presented.

3. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

i know some people who did this years ago just working at an IT consulting firm. they worked full time for the consulting firm who would pimp them out on short term contracts. when they weren't working, they were still being paid while being "on the bench." i don't think he made fantastic money doing that though since he was a full time employee instead of working hourly. he also had the risk of being let go if he was on the bench too long.

you may just want to look into the various short-term consulting jobs that are listed in Monster.com and sites like that. i know when i put my resume up on those sites, i would be bombarded with short-term contracts all over the US.