It can't be! It can't be!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Darkwind, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

My computer is very slow, i tried deleting a lot of files and junk i didnt need. I restarted, i am thinking of reformatting as a last option.it was working fine before. My comp is customed made. i use a pentium 4 processor, 2.0 Ghz, and windows xp professional. 256mb of ram. Any tips,advices and helpful suggestions will be appreciated, thank you

Darkwind

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2003
  2. Azn_Bok_Choy

Azn_Bok_Choy Guest

Oooo, a first post. Do u have a lot of games and computer programs u dont use?, try getting rid of those and restarting.

3. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Try a registry cleaner, I find it helps a lot to get rid of all the unneeded shit that builds up in the registry. There are some good system cleaners that I've used that clean up the registry, temp files, old shortcuts, etc... Can't remember any of the names though, search download.com or versiontracker.com.

4. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

i did that, and now i only have counter-strike as my only game. i deleted my anime movies and now have 19.4/60GB and my internet is still slow :(
    Darkwind

5. Penguin Man

Is your actual internet connection slow, or is it your computer? If it's the connection, it's probably not a problem on your end...

6. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

like i said it was working fine for a few month but then near the time or when school had started this problem happened(up to this day)
    Darkwind

7. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

Well I'll try was you said earlier (Im downloading the cleaner as i type) Time 12:53
    49% done

Darkwind

8. Penguin Man

:ugh: How big is the file? Sounds like your internet is really slow, what type of connection is it?

9. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

I'm sapost to have cable (Rogers high speed)

Darkwind

10. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

o, yea and the file is .... 2.95 Mb.......

11. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

:eek3: :o

12. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

I HIGHLY recommend Norton utilities, it made a night and day differance on my machine

I have this problem with my bro in law's machine, but check the BIOS to make sure your up to speed, his keeps lowering his processor speed (not jumpers, dont through BIOS), from 1800MHZ to 1150...fucked up, dont know why it keeps doing that, but check it

try to defrag and see if you get any kind of cleaning utilities and if that does anything

also with XP I HIGHLY recommend you get at least another stick of 256...512 is descent, 256 is low

13. Darkwind

Darkwind Guest

thanks a lot everyone, btw, how do u guuys get an avatar?