It arrives tomorrow!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheWeasel, Jun 24, 2008.

1. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

My new MacBook Pro. :bowdown: Went with the 2.6GHz 15". Not sure if he went with the 250GB 5400RPM or 200GB 7200RPM drive. When did Apple start charging an extra $17 for the remote? Good thing I have a number of them laying around (my boss has a pile of 12 of them), then again I can't say I ever used it with my last machine.

Still have to order RAM, a Marware wrist cover, invisibleShield whole body cover and a couple other things and then I'll be set. Seems my work forgot to grab AppleCare for it so I have to wander across the street to the Apple Store and grab it. Still debating on getting one of those things to replace the DVD drive with another hard drive. While it'd be nice to have a 2nd hard drive, I can see it really killing the battery life with no way to power it down when it's not needed. Finally a new machine that doesn't kernel panic all the time (AppleCare had replaced some stuff but it didn't remedy the issue which was the motherboard they said they were going to replace but didn't).

It's been a long 2 weeks of sitting at a desk while I work all day. I'm ready to head back to the couch and sit on the balcony while working.

2. inamorata

inamorata New Member

i personally can't stand shit glued to machines like wrist guards etc, and skins, not my cupa tea

i just toss mine in my backpack (it has a space for a laptop)

ive had it for 2 years now and its been a trooper

3. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

fell the same way.

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I didn't think I'd like the wrist guard until I had one. Works well and keeps you from getting those wear marks on the wrist rests. Also comes with a leather keyboard cover that also works as a screen cleaner. The invisibleShield sticks on the outside and keeps the computer from getting any scratches. No matter how careful you are with your machine it's gonna get some small scratches on the bottom so this prevents that. It's totally transparent so you can't even tell it's there. I have a good backpack with a space made just for Macs that I use when I go out with the machine. Best backpack I've ever owned.

[​IMG]

5. Relay

Relay New Member

I was thinking of the marware wrist guard, but alot of places i read up on it say that its a pain to remove....leaving glue etc.

I am still thinking about it, since I have a feeling people are making it seem worse than it actualy is lol.

congrats on the new macbook pro...i just picked up the 15" 2.4 a couple days ago to upgrade my old g4 powerbook...loving it so far.

6. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

not really a good time to buy a MBP, bro.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Chances are they'll release new ones at Macworld. Until then, I don't see anything more then maybe larger hard drives and a slight processor bump being offered. Whenever the new ones come out I'll trade up. Not a big deal.

Mail lady just delivered it.

8. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I already miss having the Enter key next to the space bar.

9. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

I put the clear guard on my macbook palm rest because I'm tired of sending it in every 4-6 months from turning yellow.

10. mad_vtak

mad_vtak Active Member

I'll take a remote

11. adelacruz

adelacruz New Member

i hate being poor and in college

12. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Just wait til you're poor and out of college. That's usually what follows.

13. Jacen2141

Jacen2141 New Member

agreed...that's where I am now as I search in this crazy job market. I'm just glad I got my Macs while I was still in school. Luckily, they aren't too ancient yet. Although a new 24" iMac is next on the list...I feel the urge to wait for quad core chips to be released :noes:

14. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

I wouldn't imagine we'll see a quad-core iMac for a while. It's not meant to be a powerhouse machine and right now there are very few apps that can take advantage of that kinda power. Who knows though.

15. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

16. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Heh, pinch in Safari and it shrinks your font.

17. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

werd. but dont do it on your desktop.

18. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sweet, my RAM shipped. 4GB of CAS 4 Low-Latency from Other World Computing.

19. TheGetUpkid

TheGetUpkid New Member

Why is that? Are they planning on releasing a new one soon? Either which way I love my MBP, a nice upgrade from my dell 5150.....

20. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

It's about mid-cycle now according to most sources. At this point the only stuff available are 300GB drives they could offer and possibly more RAM. Redesigned hardware wouldn't come out til Macworld in January.