It amazes me how people on Autopia have no sense of humor

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Paulie Walnuts, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

All that bitching going on about woolite and Autopia and Detailers Club, fucking get over it already.

So as a joke I posted this:

[​IMG]

And it gets removed and I get a warning from a certain moderator there. Get a fucking life its a joke you pussies. Amazing how serious that place takes itself at times. Its just fucking wax assholes.

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

dude, woolite. really? you gotta link me.

3. Paulie Walnuts

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I take shit for it from TH001, basically he even calls me a hack over it. Lexus recommends it (wool neutral detergent is the exact wording, I think) along with Ottawa leather, who used to suggest using Woolite/water (which is where I got the idea from) who says to use a mild soap and water.

http://www.eagleottawa.com/index.aspx?PageId=44&cid=EN&gid=7&lid=16

To clean leather, simply use a clean, soft and lint-free cloth dampened with lukewarm water and mild soap. Use a gentle, circular motion – do not rub the leather or apply extreme pressure when cleaning.

Wipe the leather again with another clean, slightly damp cloth to remove soap residue. Dry with a soft cloth.

===================

Autopia ain't OT, they've never liked stuff like that picture.

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

TH001 (Todd) hasn't done this for very long and his sudden success ( I wonder how many details he had to give away to land that big job of supercars........) has went to his head in my opinion. I would never call someone a hack for something like the Woolite mix. I use and like it. IT FUCKING WORKS! Maybe he needs a sample to sent to him.

It's not about the products used but it's all about the detailer.

Some day Autopia will see that.

6. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

I noticed that post too. I use Woolite on leather quite a bit too. I can't believe how some people act over there.

Justin-aren't you over the under a new name now?

7. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

Yeah there are a ton of Zaino shills over there now.

8. Scottwax

Yeah, I notice also how they always seem to work reflection shots with the shirts into their detail pics. He also amps up the color in his pictures. Sometimes it is really obvious. No shit on the amount of pictures too. I rarely have that kind of time. Funny thing too, he bitches about me not doing a lot of correction but I posted a bunch over the summer.

Anyway, someone on Autopia sent me the first unedited post he made (I guess the quote others had pulled had already been edited once).

You feel that woolite which cleans the upper most of the leather is better then a dedicated cleaner that penetrates the pours of the leather and lifts the dirt out???

Then again, we all have personal preferances based on our cliental, needs, and expectations. I would assume (based on the number of very basic corrections and wash/waxes that you post) that you don't deal with the type of cliental I do. Most of your work seems to be parking lot style, in and out, washes.

I don't want to turn this into a personal thing, but lets face it. You and I are very different in our approaches, cliental, service, and IMO, level of detailing we offer. You never post full corrections because you don't do them. You basically (IMO) offer upgraded wash and waxes, and you have been successful at marketing that and maintaining a client base.

I always thought that autopia was about high level detailling and what makes us different from them, but its also ironic that our leading poster doesn't feature the same beliefs.

All I hear is :mb: every time you post and don't use Zaino, it makes it harder for me to push it. :mb:

9. Paulie Walnuts

Who posted that again? Id love to respond but Im already on a short leash over there.

10. Scottwax

TH001, aka Todd. Talented detailer, jerk of a person.

11. Rolledsho

Rolledsho New Member

The TH001 guy is an elitist snob that knows everything and cannot admit that someone may be doing something that works just as well or better than what he does for 1% of the cost of what he is doing.

I am sure he has used more than a few ideas he has seen but would never admit that someone had a better idea.

World is full of people like that

12. 1badtaco

1badtaco New Member

what a freaking douche bag. Thanks to scott I use woolite and thanks to my success I have converted many other happy people to woolite side....But maybe I'll change my tune after that $20 bottle of boutique leather cleaner does as awesome of a job as wooltie...

13. KMAzz

KMAzz OT Supporter

Now how long have I been saying autopia sucks?

14. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

Todd's a bitch. How much is Sal paying to wear those Zaino shirts and place those products? notice on one of the ferraris, he showed his products, all in generic labeled bottles. Another shot he had a full on frontal shot of a Zaino QD. fucking shill.

15. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

I was noticing this while looking at the Ferrari thread, especially. Waaaaay too many pics. I know why he has to break details up in multi day projects.

Dude, seriously. I'd much rather be out there in my company shirt or a plain shirt. Not advertising the product i use so the owner can just google Zaino! :confused: Dude doesn't get that, just the check from Sal.
    i agree completly

16. danponjican

danponjican New Member

The picture is Laugh Out Loud funny! I love it! HA HA!!!

I've already bumped heads a couple times with some of these snobs! Dare I post links?

17. Scottwax

Like I said, if people take my advice, Zaino loses a sale. Pretty much what it all boils down to. So sad that some people can't get it through their thick heads that process > products.

18. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

That douche canoe Grouose said it best on page 1...

There is is what makes these detailers less then worthless IMHO.

I consider a hack detailer to be a detailer that charges WAY to much for a service that is hardly worth it.

Does woolite and water work. Yes. Is there any adverse effect over time. No.

I think from now on i am going to start marketing it as...

Surfactin bassed mild fabric and interior wash.

Those $800 detail snobs (READ: HACKS) would be all over a product with a name like that.

And honestly, working directly in this industry now, i can tell you that there are severl companies that sell "leather cleaners" that are surfactin bassed and ill be damned is the shit at full strength doesnt look, and smell, and work like woolite.

Dont believe the hype.

19. Paulie Walnuts

Hey I like Zaino, a lot. I have received some free samples. I just cant stand the Zaino is better than EVERYTHING type attitude. If you have something you like fine stick with it but dont act like there is NOTHING else out there.

20. MrBonus

MrBonus Et Tu, Brute?

I've learned so much more from this forum than theirs. The signal to noise ratio there is so high that an amateur such as myself has no idea who to trust.

21. Scottwax

You can definitely trust us because we all know that the process is #1 when it comes to detailing. :)

22. MrBonus

MrBonus Et Tu, Brute?

I was recently looking pictures of my old Evo detailed with Zaino. Not only was the process wrong but the product was wrong too and it looked like complete shit. :o

23. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

I just played a little game while looking at the Ferarri thread... Count the Zaino product placments! I got tired of counting and just closed the thread.

24. Scottwax

I got a bunch of free Zaino stuff too. Decent but doesn't live up to the hype...honestly, no product could live up to the hype Zaino gets. Z-PC, Z-AIO, Z5 and Z8 are all actually pretty good. They do seem to have eerily similar Duragloss counterparts though....

25. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:rofl: if I hadn't followed the thread earlier today, I would have no idea who you are.