Issues with wireless connection at home...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by monkeybutt, Mar 2, 2005.

1. monkeybutt

monkeybutt NOT full of shit...

Because of wiring restrictions and the layout of my townhouse, I was forced to setup a wireless network for both my desktop and my laptop. Everything has been fine up to now (I installed the network about a year ago).

My desktop now drops the signal almost at random and really never stays connected for more than a minute or so. It connects, the link is excellent and the speeds are good...but no more than 2 minutes later its gone again. Wait another 5 and it comes back up...another 2-3 minutes and it's down again.

I recently installed a new video card and in doing so had to move the linksys wireless adapter to a new slot. When I was connecting at all with that, I switched it back to it's original slot (with the new video card still in place...like that matters at all) and now it's giving me this inconsistent connection bullshit.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happenening?

2. monkeybutt

monkeybutt NOT full of shit...

bandwidth tests on my laptop come back with close to average cable speeds...lower than average but not by much...

bandwidth tests on my troublesome desktop are coming back with speeds slower that dialup.

:mad: dammit!!

32kb/sec

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Maybe you loosened off the aerial in the process?