Issues with the GFs Mom

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tubachris85x, Jul 25, 2007.

1. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

So before summer, me and my GF with her family had planned a small vacation that would proceed after picking her up from some medical camp thingy in Georgia because I am leaving for college imediatly after the trip, and shes heading home.

The thing is, she has a younger sister who her mom puts on a petistool higher than the freakin empire state building and seems to be pushing her away for the sake of pleasing the younger one.

So now her mom is saying that she dosnt want me to come because she dosnt want me to spend more than like 3 days with them, because the mom said she wants more *family time,* when in fact they had just spent over 3 weeks just them, with another friend, at their lake house last month :rolleyes:

My GF is in atlanta trying to talk to her mom, who obviously dosnt give to shits about it, trying to figure out why I suddenly cant come, and her mom is constantly changing the subject about how she wants to take her younger sister to some stupid Disney band concert or some shit, which she already like a month ago, accomidating to the same friend who was at the lake house.

Her mom has known me for almost 2 years, and *sopposedly* likes me enough to want me around, but apparently cant treat me the same way as the younger ones friend and is trying to keep me away from my GF.

I will say the mom can be very immature, similar to a 15 year old girl at points and cant see how she is really treating her older daugher (my GF).

The fact that I am going to college means im not going to see her much at all until I come home for breaks, and if she dosnt let me go on this trip, Im gonna have to wait a few more months which I honestly dont.

Suggestions on what I can do from my position? I know I cant say anything, but I feel like someone screaming in a sound proof box.

cliffs: Long term planned trip, younger sister is super spoiled, mom wont let me go on trip now, and is pushing her older daughter (my GF) away and appears to purpously keep me away.

2. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

The crappy thing is, there's really nothing you can do about it. If you fight your way into going on the trip, her mom will hold it against you and do similar things in the future. All you can really do is decide whether or not your gf is worth dealing with her crazy mom and then go with the flow. Often if you just do what makes the parents comfortable in the first place, they end up being more welcoming.

My bfs parents want to spend a lot of time with him and his sister, and I really respected it. After they got to know me and always saw that I knew my place and respected their wants, they invite me to everything.

3. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

How old is your GF? When I was 18, I had a boyfriend that I wanted to come on a family trip with us, and my parents decided that since my YOUNGER brother was bringing his GF, they didn't want my boyfriend to come. So I told my parents...I'm staying home. I didn't go on the trip and hung out with my boyfriend for a few days, it was nice :).

If she's 18, convince her to not go on the "family" trip and tell her mom to have a lot of fun with the younger sister :).

4. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Sucks, shes 17. Her mom has a history of doing things like this, and she dosnt seem to make descisions on her own, but at the expense of what the younger one wants. So my GF is pretty much controlled by how her younger sister feels.

Will explain more wen i get back from lunch

5. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I know shes only 17 and this may seem like any *other* relationship, but I think shes definitly worth it. We have been through too much BS and crap thats just been caused by her family, not her, that I cant even count, but I love her to death and I know she feels the same way.

Her grandparents live with them and their really cool, the grandfather is an electrical engineeer and learned alot from him and the grandmother is cool, but shes oldschool as far as her views on relationship. They really help and elieviate the crap with the mom cause they actually listen to what she says.

My GF has been saying that for the past few months, she feels her mom has been pushing her away in a mother/daughter relationship, they are all very family oriented. At this point, she says im the only one she can talk to without getting lashed out at or even made fun of, thats what the mother and sister do together, purpously hurt her feelings.

Frankly pisses me off and theres absolutly nothing I can do about it.

6. Droopynuts

Droopynuts New Member

You're going to college. The relationship will never last with the amount of ass that will be around you. You should't put so much stock into it.

7. D-3vil

D-3vil Lurkerius Fantasticus

what he said.

and "petistool" cracked me up! :rofl:

8. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Thats wat everybody thinks...:rolleyes:

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Because (as you will find out) everyone is right.

10. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

not 100% of the time

11. RL82

RL82 OT Supporter

Revisit this thread one year from now and tell us how it's going with your GF... or just tells us how many college sluts you've banged, that'll be easier.

12. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

You know, my bro had a relationship with his ex for 2 years, she dumped him for stupid reasons, and told me the same thing, to come back to him in 2 years to see if it lasted.

Im sorry to say that every relationship is NOT doomed to be a miserable failiure. No one can say anything about a relationship failure until it happens.

Ever since I started goin out with her, ive just been getting this same BS feedback from everyone and she does too, and if anything, its making us closer.

Dont say anything unless it happens, im being nice here, but I often have heated discussions with people. Their just bitter cause they have had a bad relationship like my brother

13. iwishyouwerebeer

Trust me dude....we get it. We're not rooting for your relationship to fail. Most of us have either been there or just watched every other typical high school relationship crumble. Each time the people in the relationship say "BUT IT'S NOT TYPICAL! WE ARE TOTALLY IN LOVE AND IT'S UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE" :mb: But sadly, only like 1% make it.

Again, we are not rooting for you to fail, and not everyone is just "bitter like your brother." We all are older, wiser, not in denial, and realize that this relationship you have will most likely not make it. Keep fighting for it by all means if it feels good though.

14. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

I understand where your comin from, and I have witnessed many times gettin together, breakin up, etc. Im sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, its just I here it everyday, and I cant even talk on the phone with out someone complaining to me after we hang up.

Im more annoyed really. But if it dosnt work out, it dosnt, but as of right now, theres nothing that shows signs of failure. Yea, we have had arguments and one even came close to us breaking up, and I had to save my ass from that happening, thats another story. But one thing I notice from MY expeirience is that we actually talk to each other about our problems and what not. Some think thats a bad idea, but it gets alot of frustration out of the way. Relationships Ive seen have always failed miserably cause there was a total lack of communication. This may be just another relationship, but I observe other people's mistakes and force myself to not make the same.

As far as the college thing, we have pretty much agreed that its going to be the toughest part of our relatioship, and she understands. Fortunatly, she'll be heading up further north about 2 hours away from me next year, its sure better than 8 hours.

I love her because she not the typical teenage girl that I had to deal with at highschool, met her in an orchestra I used to play in. She actually knows what she wants to do with her life and dosnt let anything get in her way. Shes just the diamond among chunks of coal if thats a better analogy.

I can keep goin but I would bore you all to death. I just think shes worth keeping, shes actually going somewhere with her life and wants me to be part of it, and I do too. Damn right I'll fight for it.

15. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

I understand your frustration and I wish you guys luck! My only advice at this point is to make sure that you're not making decisions that hurt your future or hold you back for the good of this relationship. This is the point in your life where you can really do damage to your future and it happens to coincide with the point in your life where relationship really start to matter. Just be careful to look out for yourself and your future above all right now.

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Came to the thread late, but...

If the gf is only 17, and mom and dad are paying for the trip, then mom and dad have every right to decide who gets to go on the trip with.

You can go on and on about how unfair it is, but is THEIR trip.

Also, sometimes life gives you shit, and there's nothing you can do about it.

17. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Oh trust me, I learned life is full of shit.

Not trying to sound selfish, but the trip was planned by my GF and her mom and the purpous of it was for me to be able to spend time before I leave. The dad isnt going fortunatly, theres more to that too. But if she cut me out of the trip, the original idea of it would have instantly been lost.

Well now I just found out, I am goin, due to some changes in plans. I wasnt trying to complain about possibly not going, its just her family can cause soo much unecessary BS and drama for no reason about alot of things. Its like your a train and your going smooth and everything is fine, and their like the person who puts a penny on the track and causes it to derail and crash.

18. Droopynuts

Droopynuts New Member

By the looks of your improper use of grammar, and inherent lack of voacublary to accurately convey your emotions, I seriously doubt you are going to a good school where you will be surrounded by women who know what they want to do with their lives. So, that being said, hold on to this relationship as tightly as you can.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

For real. Whining about it just makes it more apparent how young they are. When I had a boyfriend for almost 3 years in high school my parents still forbid him to come to our beach condo during the summer. I mean he could come for the day but had to be out by night. I remember it upset me, but I never cried about it to my parents with all that "this is so unfair" bullshit. What they say goes.

20. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Im sorry im not typing posts to your standards, but that has nothing to do with this topic. Please do not assume the quality of my education, I feel that is very disrespectful.

21. Droopynuts

Droopynuts New Member

So if I assumed incorrectly, then is it safe to say you are well educated and will be surrounded by a higher percentage of women driven by ambition based on the calibre of school into which you were admitted? Or would that just be a plain uneducated assumption as well?

22. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Dude, I dont know what the fuck your problem is. My schooling has nothing to do with this topic. If you really want to know, in high school, I was surrounded by a bunch of rich columbians and venezuelens who didnt give two shits about anything. My GF if you actually read this thread was part of an ORCHESTRA not from my school, in which we both performed in.

DO NOT write me off as some dumbass.

23. Droopynuts

Droopynuts New Member

You're certainly coming off that way. The point I was trying to make is that if you are as smart as you say you are, and you've been accepted to an institution that has strict admission guidelines, don't you think you will be surrounded by other women as ambitious, if not moreso, than your current girlfriend?

If you don't want people to "write you off as some dumbass" on an internet forum, perhaps you should take pride in forming coherent, grammatically correct posts. You'll probably take that the wrong way though.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  24. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

You know what, im done dealing with the fuckin grammer nazi. The only thing your trying to do here is pick one thing that you see as a flaw and emphasize it as something bigger.

Go deal with other peoples typing issues before you start singling me out douchbag

25. Droopynuts

Droopynuts New Member

You missed my point. You stated in an earlier post the reason you liked this particular girl so much is because she is ambitious and knows what she wants to do with her life. You are going to college, a place where people go because they either a.) want to pursue knowledge within a particular field of interest; or b.) pursue knowledge to find a particular field of interest. Does it then make sense that you will find many other girls there that are ambitious and know what they would like to do with their lives? Stop putting so much stock in this relationship, as it will not last.

In the future you can address me as Mr. Douchebag.