SRS Issues with Blacking Out

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FarBeyondDriven, Nov 7, 2005.

1. FarBeyondDriven

FarBeyondDriven OT Supporter

Since about two years ago, when I drink large amounts of alcohol, I frequently black out. Two years ago the same amount of alcohol would not do this to me. Also now, I stay drunk for several hours after I wake up, and sweat out alcohol (no matter what it is I drank, it smells like vodka) for a good twelve hours AFTER I wake up. If it's anything to add, I used to take LARGE amounts of valium and vicodin (but haven't in a few years).

I'm 21, about 5'9 and 170#. I'm just concerned and a bit freaked out more and more lately.

Any advice?

Also, anyone in the military? I am, so it makes this problem fairly delicate to tackle.

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. I was drinking too much. Eventually, that's why I turned to drugs, I couldn't take all the blacking out anymore. Drugs would help me to remember things, and not make as many stupid decisions. However, drugs caused a whole new set of problems for me, then I realized the only thing left I could do was to stop drinking and drugging altogether.

Advice: Stop drinking so much when you do drink, cut down on your quantity intake. If you have trouble doing this, you may be an alcoholic.

3. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

get a blood test for liver function.

4. karmastang

karmastang New Member

I think this is good advice. Your liver has to work properly to process the alcohol, or the body will get rid of it in other ways...like through the pores.
    Some thing happened to me. I used to wake up covered in sweat and the sheets would be soaked and reeked of booze. Not pretty.