Issue with new suit trousers

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by soapytoast, Apr 7, 2009.

1. soapytoast

soapytoast New Member

I recently purchased a Hugo Boss pasolini/movie suit at a factory store while in Vegas. I got a 36R because the jacket fit me like an MTM. The pants are an issue, they're too snug and so far the tailors in my city do not want to touch them. The waist needs to be let out about 2 inches and the thigh area is snug and an issue if I sit down. I spoke with the manager at the store I bought them from in Vegas and he said to speak with the manager at the Hugo Boss store in downtown San Diego. He said they were sure they could help me out. What should I do? Should I get them altered and let them out as much as they can? If not how can I get a larger trouser without changing the suit jacket size?

2. Dhan

Dhan OT Supporter

see if they can exchange it for a better fit off the bar. otherwise, any normal taylor should handle it.

3. soapytoast

soapytoast New Member

Update for those who want to know. I took the suit to Hugo Boss in Fashion Valley and met the tailor there. His name is Javier, he marked the pants and at the end of the week I came and picked them up. He did a fantastic job. I did an inspection and tried them on at the store and they fit perfectly. He did a great job on the alterations, it looks almost like it was never touched. I was a little worried at first but it looks like there's nothing better than a tailor who knows what he's doing.