Issue with new laptop cursor

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by quzur, Nov 30, 2005.

1. quzur

quzur Active Member

It seems like when click a space to type if the mouse cursor is in another location a couple seconds later the cursor will reposition to that place...if that makes any sense. its very annoying. I have looked in all the places I thought that it could be turned off but i have not found anything. Anyone else know about this?

2. coma

coma New Member

Have you gone to settings control panel then mouse and investigated? I set my mouse in there so that it automatically "snaps to" a dialog window...I guess yours is doing that but in the opposite dirrection(?).

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I imagine you are using the track-pad or pointer stick on the laptop?

Have you taken a look at some of the mouse sensitivity settings in control panel?

4. quzur

quzur Active Member

I turned that feature off. I mainly use a mouse but this happens with either the mouse or touch pad.

This is how it happens...say there is one box for a login and another for a password. I click the first box, type and then hit "tab" to get to the next box. After I start typing again I will notice the cursor jump back up to the first box and now what ever I am typing is in the middle of what was typed in the first box.

It seems like it's a feature where you can leave the pointer in a location and instead of clicking to get the cursor there it does it automatically. It's annoying.

This is happening on a Toshiba Tecra with XP Pro. I've played with all the mouse and pointer settings with no luck.