Issue with linksys router

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mudgod, Aug 9, 2005.

1. mudgod

mudgod murderdogs ftw

My service used to work great with my linksys wireless B router, and all 3 computers got internet. Power was cut off for a few hours, and when it was turned back on, the router didnt worked anymore. I have tried for hours and hours to get this to work, but it doesn't want to. I get internet fine if the modem is going direct into my network card, but not through the router. It shows that the ip address is coming through the router, but i can't access the internet. I have power cycled the modem and router several times and tried all different combos of the 4 ports on the router. My 3 computers can see eachother and communicate just fine. I can ping them all and whatnot. However neither of them can get on the internet. after releasing/renewing ip's for hours, I managed to ping google for about 10 seconds, than it all died again. Yet when I connect modem directly to any of the computers, everything works just fine.

Any ideas?

PS. My service provioder is SBC Yahoo, for DSL in question and Comcast cable, which is working just fine, but not connected through the router, but to my other PC.

2. 01000101

01000101 New Member

having just gotten off the line with linksys support myself:

the guy i was chatting with told me how to reset it to factory, stronger than just holding down the reset.

hold reset
    unplug power still holding reset
    count 15 seconds
    plugin power
    release reset
    count to 10
    hold reset
    unplug power still holding reset
    count 15 seconds
    plugin power
    release reset

you might try thier live support on the website. i talked to phil, he was very helpful. carmen was NOT, elaine seemed to be okay

someone else here should be able to give you better answers