Issue with hooking my TV up to my computer.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 3l_Chupacabra, Sep 18, 2006.

1. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

So, I have an old TV with only coax input and wanted to hook up my computer to it with s-video output. Bought an RF modulator and plugged the comp into that and that into the TV and got it working just great, except the image kinda bleeds, if you know what I mean. Like the contrast is too high and the lines end up glaring over into other parts. When normal cable is plugged in the image quality is perfect and nothing like this happens, and when I turn the output from my computer to black and white on the TV again the image is crisp and perfect, albeit without color.

I've been trying to play around with settings but just haven't had any luck yet. Anyone have any tips or advice on what I could do to get it looking better?

2. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

You TV doesnt support that high of resolution. If you watch a movie it should be clear but doing everyday computing you probably wont be able to get working clearly.

3. 3l_Chupacabra

3l_Chupacabra New Member

Oh I expect that, and it isn't so much a clarity issue as it is the color images getting distorted. The bright colors kind of bleed a bit.