Isolinux, mkisofs error

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Shaggy007, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

I decided to make a bootable cd with a lot of the utilize that I normally use already placed onto it. Mainly dft, memtest, as well as some batch files for use once the system is booted. I decided to use isolinux for the bootloader since it gives me the most options.

Now the Problem I keep running into is during the iso creation. the command I run for it is,
    mkisofs -o mri.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table boot/

I get an error of "Uh oh, I can't find the boot catalog directory isolinux".
    Any help I could get on this I'd appreciate.

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

i wonder if it is a problem that you are compiling it uner an subdirectory? Just a guess, but by thet sound of the error, it seems like it's looking for your directory, and not finding it. Maybe move them to your root folder. Just a guess, i have no real experience with Isolinux :hsugh:

3. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

The Docs on the isolinux website said that it could be either ina normal dir. or a sub. This thing is though from what I read about the -c flag it's not for the finding but for the creation of a catalog which is why it's confusing me about not being able to find the file.

Unless I'm just understanding it wrong, which is possible since it's my first time doing it. I'll try chaning around the dir tree a little.