Isn't it interesting

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnJohnJohnson, Nov 6, 2007.

1. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

That sex verbs are always transitive in the guy-subject, girl-object direction?

Eg, "I penetrated her."

As opposed to, say, "I enveloped him."

It's always, "Yo, I was screwing her all night. I mean I really pounded the shit out of her."

As opposed to locker room talk in the girl's bathroom:

"Yo, I was engulfing that prick all night. I mean I really wrapped the shit out of him."

:eek3:

2. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

rode him sore?

3. FoxyKrista

FoxyKrista New Member

most guys think of girls as just sex objects

4. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

i think thats another one of those lingering from the past things. way in the back when the job of a woman was to ay down and spread them :X

5. BradUF

BradUF Guest

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl: @ the idea of me ever uttering "I enveloped him"

7. JohnJohnJohnson

Ya that works

8. JohnJohnJohnson

You know you enveloped the shit out of that prick. You can wrap them good. :noes:

9. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

God that just sounds hilarious. Hell I've even said "pound that shit..." Then again, I am a strange girl.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  10. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

i don't have much locker room experience but from what me and my gfs have discussed we are usualy too concentrated in details what themember looked like than what we did to it :X

11. JohnJohnJohnson

I think of girls as sexually appealing. Does that make them objects?

12. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Sad truth.

OP, all language is sexist. I've learned a few languages, and if you want to learn about a culture, learn the language, it contains their history, religion, and ideology.
    Its something that really does need to change, as what you are ABLE to express (linguistically) dictates cultural conversation. That is, if you can only talk about sex in the manner you described, thats the only way you can THINK about it without great difficulty.
    In the same way blacks disarm the N word by making it their own, a lot of women, most without realizing what they are doing, have started using "I fucked this guy last night" and the like, making themselves the subject and the male the object.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

I'm surprised, I'd think the whore/madonna thing would inhibit girls from talking that way

14. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Ugh, I know it isn't the subject of the thread, but I sort of want to discuss this, maybe i'll make it its own thread.
    But you're right, and a lot of is because its the only way women have been taught, or brought up, in relation to men instead of in relation to themselves.
    Being a feminist, has actually really made me disenchanted with women. I can not fathom, why so many of us MAKE ourselves objects, and then bitch when we're treated as such. It makes me so very sad, to watch so many bright women climb away onto the pedestal and then use it to cry louder how unjust their seperation is.

15. demosnat

demosnat New Member

We don't need to be whores or madonnas, my sexuality is my own, its private, but when I do talk about it, it is in relation to my experience, and our experience, not just how I facilitated his.

16. JohnJohnJohnson

Well.. yeah.. I know. I agree. I'm not saying I believe in the whore/madonna thing. I'm just surprised there are girls comfortable enough about being sexual beings to take back the transitive. Actually I guess all I"m saying is that I would expect such girls to be the exception not the rule.

17. demosnat

demosnat New Member

They are the exception for sure. Aren't you in uni? What state? I'm suprised you don't see this more. I didn't see much of it at all until I got into college, and was around more liberal, educated women.
    The type of girl encouraged to go to college, and to actually still be there three years later is a serious deviation from the norm. I'm also in a VERY male dominated major, so the girls I know through school are all pretty "ballsy" (hah, back to the thread, I would have to search around for a way to say that she is tough, brave, and can hold her own, that isn't making her masculine, stating that only men can be those things, and that to possses those traits is unfeminine and undesireable in a woman)

18. Stev

Stev Active Member

i think girls take teh submissive route because its just easier, i dont think in a lot of cases its as socially pressured or learned as people would think. chances are its just that their first experiences is a guy trying to fuck them, so they let them... making the experience as them being pursued, them getting penetrated etc. This is a generalization but i think for a lot of the women i know its true. This sort of follows in line with women being objects, but i dont think its the huge culture and historical reasons like people are saying, i think its much more personal from woman to woman.

19. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

20. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

ok if we split for a moment from the whole sex discussion and this applies kind of to the initial post, do you say i put my glasses in the holder or do you say i put the holder around my glasses.

Do you say i put the letter in the envelope or do you say i enveloped the letter.

do you say i put the box or put abox around the gifts.

Obviously this all applies in many different cases without the box or the envelop, or the glass cover be submisive, socially pressured, or anything else that comes out from this thread.

The way people talk about sex or what they say and how they say it has nothing to do with how femenist our female society is, or how many of us are being objects or subjects it all comes to simple languege structure that is based on universal gramatic and syntax rules and apply to many different areas not only sex talk.

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:eek3: You just blew my mind.

22. JohnJohnJohnson

:uh:

:uh:

Good point.

23. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

You say "I put the gift in the box" because "gift" is the subject of the sentence and English puts the subject first.

24. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

I just remembered something from my childhood that might be interesting as far as this subject goes.

There was a tale about a princess that tried to dress as a guy and mendle with the commoners for some reason (details might not be right so if you know what tale this is from help) An old lady gave her a test to put a thread into a sowing needle. After observing her she declaired she is not a man but woman because men move the thread towards the needle hole and women move the needle to the thread. As i said details are kind of blury but i remember totaly buying this up untill today for some reason that topic raised the memmory and i am wondering can such generalization really be true?

Do men do the same things differently than women. Is this why belt buckles and shirt buttons are different for the 2 genders?

25. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I move the thread towards the needle hole. I don't think it has ever even occurd to me to try it the other way :rofl: