Is300

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mr_chink73, Jul 5, 2003.

1. mr_chink73

mr_chink73 Guest

Wut do u guys think of the is300? Thinkin of getting one :)

2. 1337

1337 Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

somewhat modeled after the ae86

3. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

My mom carpools with a lady who just bought one. She thinks the interior looks cheap for a $30k+ Lexus. (Mom drives a 98 Avalon, for comparison).

4. sduquette

sduquette Guest

I have a 2002 with the manual transmission, I love it. the tranny is super smooth, decent power, very nice handling, and everyone thinks it is gorgeous. IMO, just take all the cars you are considering, and drive them, maybe write down your likes and dislikes for each, and make your decision. As for the interior, I wouldn't expect much from a low priced car like this, it is suitable, I have no complaints.

5. LoveBack

LoveBack Guest

Dont waste your money. It's just not competitve anymore. It gets left in the dust by cars costing less and killed by some in the same price range.

Looks are subjective, but to me the thing looks like its about 10 years old already and the dash is just hideous.

I honestly dont see why anyone would buy one other than to say they have a Lexus (even though it looks more Toyota than anything).

6. Mantis

Mantis Guest

too slow, the interior is too toyota, not nearly enough lexus. shit, it's not even toyota, more like kia. :rolleyes: ok, not that bad but a lot of room for improvement. i'd easily choose a 3 series bmw over the IS300, or an audi a4. i think it looks alright still, but it lacks in performance and the interior is too small and cheap feeling.