Is this true?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Lupie, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lupie

Lupie I'm a virgin slut.

"A beginner's workout often takes more time than those of an intermediate or advanced workout. The reason for that is because beginners do full body workouts, which obviously take more time than splits. However, an intermediate and advanced bodybuilder must spend more time in the gym weekly than a beginner bodybuilder.

The reason for this is because the muscles of an intermediate or advanced bodybuilder recover quicker than those of a beginner. Their body is used to the constant intense stress of weightlifting and therefore will not respond as it once did before. That is why beginners take frequent off days so their bodies can get used to the stress."

My weight training instructor sent me this in an e-mail, but he didn't answer my question whether I need 2-3 days of rest per week instead of my current 1-2 days of rest per week.

2. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I believe the article is talking specifically about people who are non-athletic and coming to the gym right off of a 6 month WOW membership.

But yes, it's true. The better condition your body is in, the faster it will recover. The more accustomed your body is to performing a certain exersize/movement, the better it will respond.

3. Lupie

Lupie I'm a virgin slut.

thanks for the reply :cool:

4. Lupie

Lupie I'm a virgin slut.

makes sense :dunno:

5. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

shit, i dunno... that seems like a pretty broad statement...

and i don't know if a full body workout would take more time than doing a "split" workout... makes sense to say it like that, but split workouts can take a long time, too, depending on how many movements you throw in

6. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

it all depends on the intensity you hit your muscles with

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.