MIL Is this true?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Killuminati, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Killuminati

Killuminati New Member

Well I was in the mall buying a cap and some guy came in and was talking to his buddies. He said he just got back from Iraq and was stationed in Fallujah. Someone asked him if he ever killed anyone and he said their were 10 year old boys running at them with ak's. He didn't admit to killing them but said "if you were in the same situation what would you do?" Is it really that bad are 10 year old boys really armed over there? Is that common?

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Yes, it is common. America is one of the few countries that holds on to the ideal that wars are fought by men 18 - 35.

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

You should read the book. The movie didn't even come close to the shock value the book delivered. :noes:

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

How so? If you read the book, he did a helluva lot of work with the unit he wrote about.

On a side note - his son is in the Army. He was on the "Baghdad Express". (The 3rd ID push to Baghdad when we invaded)

5. Capitals

Capitals Guest

Some guys in my platoon who just got back from the MSSG were in Iraq on convoy security. They said the same thing pretty much, whats more common is little kids popping out from corners and pretending to shoot at them with sticks and toys and shit. Never know when one of them has a gun instead of a stick.