Is this the best kit to use to take care of my wheels?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by 91RS, Feb 27, 2007.

1. 91RS

91RS If this flag offends you... you need a history les

I finally got my brand new wheels on my car and I want to make sure they still look good 10 years from now. I was looking at the DP Wheel Special on Autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/dpspwhkit.html). Is this going to be the best for me? My wheels have a painted center and a machined lip and I think the entire wheel is clear coated.

[​IMG]

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

You really do not need a kit to keep wheels clean. All you need is car wash soap, a soft brush, clay and a sealant.

If you keep up with cleaning the brake dust you should never need more than car wash soap like Megs Gold Class. If you do, get a non-acid cleaner wet the wheels spray it on, let set a few mins and agitate. When done clay the rims like you would your paint, then apply a sealant to protect.

3. 91RS

I know I don't need a "kit" but Autogeek put DP's cleaner and glaze together and called it a kit.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you have a Discount Tire in your area, they sell Wheel Wax. Does a pretty good job cleaning and adding gloss to the wheels, plus it keeps them slick for 4-6 weeks, making cleaning easier. The DT by me is selling it for $12.

5. 91RS

That's actually where I bought my tires from. If it's as good as the DP stuff I'll go ahead and get that, I need to run back up there anyway.