GUN Is this shotgun "tactical" kit worth a crap or should I avoid it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by springy101, Jun 4, 2008.

1. springy101

springy101 When god comes and calls me to his kingdom, I'll t

[​IMG]
    http://item.express.ebay.com/Sporti...ptdiZ1100QQddiZ577QQadiZ1388QQcmdZExpressItem

Well, the price is right, which probably means it's junk. I thought I'd get some more opinions on it before I trashed the idea. One thing that scares me is that they don't tell you who actually makes the kit, so I sent the seller an e-mail asking. I also asked for some pictures of it actually installed on a shotgun. What do you guys think?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

likely tapco like crap, and CAR/M4 style stocks don't belong on anything thats not an AR and even then theirs better choices.

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

skip it

4. mephistopholes

mephistopholes New Member

Just based on the pictures and the ad, I would pass. Might be alright for looks on an airsoft replica but not on a serious weapon.

5. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

no Knoxx no care.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

[​IMG]

At the LdF LEO Charity 3 gun match this weekend there were some Marines who were shooting some freaked out camo 870 with all that tactical fail garbage on it. Pistol grip with m4 stock and vert grip pump. Actually there were 3 of them sharing the shotgun for the match.

The shotgun beat the hell out of them. I guess you could not get a proper cheek weld on it and get down on the sights. They had to scrunch way down into the stock to see enough where they could hit stuff. This beat up their cheek big time. So bad that they had to put away the shotgun and borrow another for the rest of the match.

These were some pretty big guys, not some wussies. I don't care how tacticool your gun looks it's not practical if you can't shoot it well, and in volume. There is nothing more shootable than a strait stock for a shotgun. One reason why you don't see pistol grips on trap, skeet, and sporting clays guns.

On a side note I got my new freaked out benelli M1 Super 90 open class shotgun from my gunsmith tonight. If you thought my AR was cool this is just as cool if not more so. I'm just waiting on my camera batteries to charge enough to get some proper pics.

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Not worth the space in my garbage can that could be taken up by empty beer bottles.

8. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

motherfuckin in

9. springy101

springy101 When god comes and calls me to his kingdom, I'll t

Guess I'll stick with the speedfeed then.