LGBT Is this Semi-formal-ish?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Casey_the_geek, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Casey_the_geek

Casey_the_geek New Member

I need something to wear to the winter ball at my school, so I was wondering if this would look good. Just a note, I wouldnt be wearing the grey shirt under it. Should I wear a white or black one?

[​IMG]

yeah, I'm really tired in that pic, and my hair is grosse.

2. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Un pop the collar, trade the grey undershirt in for a white one and you're set!:bigthumb:

3. Casey_the_geek

^I already said i was losing the shirt, but you think white would be better than black?

Also, the collar isn't really popped, but its like half popped. i'm still debating whether to pop it or not. Does it look bad on me or are you one of the peopole who hates them popped altogether?

4. Bundestag

Bundestag Guest

No, I think he's saying the collar makes you look gay if it's popped. Unless you are gay and everyone knows, go ahead. Personally, pop it.:bigthumb:

5. Casey_the_geek

most of the kids at my school (Straight) pop it.
    I guess I wont though, because it i supposed to be semi-formal anyway.
    Anyway, sunglasses? What kind would fit my face shape? (Not so good with this!)

6. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Sorry I'm just not a fan of the popped collars. It's so umm how do I say this nicely.... it just fuckin looks gay as hell and the fad died years ago! :rofl: Ok now as far as sunglasses probably some aviator styles would look good or something classy looking. I don't think your hair looks that bad in the pic just needs a trim and a bit of styling. As far as the white shirt, thats just what I always wear with a white dress shirt :dunno:

Next question, what pants, shoes, and you know I was gonna ask (providing your over 18) undies?

And where are you from? Midwest / Missouri here! :hay:

7. Casey_the_geek

Pants, I was thinking Jeans (Not ripped, but a faded-in wash)
    if not, then black dres pants, or pinstripe black pants.
    Most kids are wearing ejans from what I hear, so i'm leaning that way.

Shoes - I ahve a pair of Vans that are ALL black, and even the design on the side is all black. they look like dress shoes when the top is covered by my jeans/pants.

Yeah, I'm 14, so umm undies = cheapass target kind? I doubt i'd get any action, so like it matters hah.

And about pop the collar = I never knew it was an "Old" trend, btu it certainly is in. Its all Abercrombie models wear is popped collars. Most of my stuff is from there.

My hair isn't gonna get cut, and I have NO clue what "Style" to give it. Pics?

thanks ya'll for all the help. You're so much better than my parents and stuff. my mom said i needed color, so she was gonna get my a 65$ solid puke-green color polo for the blazer. we had to talk her out of it. I like this shirt SOOO much better and i can wear it anytime.

8. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:eek3: you're 14 :eek3: :hyper: Ok I guess I can still help ya :rofl: The popped collar is an old trend as in it's from the 70s or 80s. I like the idea of the black pinstriped pants, although I would think that you would want a matching blazer as well. And :nono: to a puke green blazer! Keep the white dress shirt you're wearing in that pic. Ok hair, I didn't say you had to get it buzzed off I just meant get a slight trim there's good looking shaggy and then there's I'm a fat bum and to lazy to get my haircut shaggy :rofl: Ok now onto shoes, not sure Vans would match the clothes but to each your own. I will look for some hair styles, I should be working on my college classes but this is more fun and I don't have to have my class stuff done until after Thanksgiving.

9. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I give up on the mens haircuts! just get some good gel, squirt some in your hands, rub till warm, and style your hair "messy" or with a towl and it should come out looking ok!

10. Casey_the_geek

^My Blazer IS pinstriped. You just have to look hard in the pic.

Thats what I normally do with my hair, just I got off work in that picture, and I have to wear a hat, so I didnt bother using gel that day.

Any place tog et cheap pinstriped pants to match the blazer? I doubt i'd ever wear them again, so I dunno if I'll get them or not.

Thanks for all the help<3

11. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

What are you dressing for?

And you don't look 14. :nickos:

12. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I see the pinstripes now in the blazer! D'oh! I don't know where you are from but try stores like Kohls, Bergners, Younkers, etc. for the matching pinstriped pants.

13. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I know I thru the 18 year old reference into my post as a joke and then I was like whoa:eek3: It went from "he isn't bad looking" to "ooh it's just like dressing my 14 year old nephew for his date first date" :rofl: I can't wait to have a son :hs: Not only will all the girls or guys be all over him because of his dad's good gene's but he's gonna be stylish :mamoru: :rofl:

14. RedGoober4Life

did you notice that his towels are nicely hung?

15. jordan04

jordan04 The seeds of love have taken hold, and if we won't

If you're going to pop the collar no sunglasses or that's overkill. Aviators sound good you're face is definately not round enough for squares. O and I'm not a fan of the double pinstripes especially since there are lines in the shirt as well. Put a white shirt under and it should work well with the fade in the jeans. I don't think you should change your hair. If you gel it it will look too wet I think and that seems to take down the dressiness a bit. Pics with it gelled?

16. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I agree with most of the aforementioned opinions...

- wearing a striped shirt under the pinstriped blazer might be a bit much.
    - pinstriped pants MUST match if you're gonna wear em. I'd suggest just going with a nice pair of jeans. dark wash, and faded...but not shredded :hs:
    - for your hair, wax is probably the best way to go. It won't shine it, and you can do the whole messy-styled look. :coold:
    - and for the love of god, DO NOT POP THE COLLAR!!!!

sidenote: you're cute now, but once your body fills out, you'll be a heartbreaker :hsd:

17. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

damn my definition of semi-formal is so different from other folks.

18. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:hsugh: What's wrong with people who keep their homes looking nice like that? With my on campus place it looked like :ugh: but my new place looks like :eek3: can I touch this?

19. Casey_the_geek

my mom likes decorating, and those arent the towels we use for showers, those are "Decoartion" towels hah

so, jeans and messy hair w/ aviators and cheapass target underwear :)p)? Got it.

20. boibleu22

boibleu22 Active Member

leave the collar inside the jacket.

infact, lose the shirt altogether. a wrinkled abercrombie/hollister wtver shirt like that doesnt belong inside a jacket like that. it clashes. go for a real dress shirt, and have them press it at the cleaners.

21. sholnay

sholnay New Member

omg 14.

dont stress too much about the event - you look fine and you'll look fine for it too.

22. RedGoober4Life

Nothing. My mom has a shit fit if the towels are messed up at all. :rofl:

23. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Mine too! I love coming home and unfolding them from her way to my way! :rofl:

24. Casey_the_geek

I would consider this a "Dress" shirt. it doesnt look any different from a "Real" one that i can see. I like its wrinkleyness, and I love the colors. Who cares if its from Abercrombie?

Also, I got the Jacket from American Eagle, and it was the same price as the dress shirt.

25. sholnay

sholnay New Member

when is the dance? make sure to take a pic of what you end up wearing... and i really dont think you needa put too much pressure on yourself for this thing - the truth is it will probably be forgotten in less than a weeks time and you have a good start on what to wear already.