Is This Rumor True?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dave_54, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Dave_54

Dave_54 New Member

im new here guys but i have always wanted other peoples input on this

does it benefit an athlete to have sex before their game

i heard boxers do it before fights, didnt know if it was true, and got bj before football game

i dont kno if i helps or not
    anyone have facts or something on this or just an opinion?

2. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

I would think it would be bad...kills your test.

3. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

I know everytime I used to sleep with my husband before he went to work or nights his band had a gig he'd come home and say that his day was "off" and he didn't feel the energy that he normally would.

4. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

I dont see why it would affect your test levels, perhaps protine levels though. If anything I would think it would increase test, your body would kick into gear to recover lost resorces :dunno:

Just my guess, not even an educated guess so take it for what you will.

5. JumboJym69

JumboJym69 New Member

Actually what I've always heard is that fighters do not have sex for like 2 weeks before a fight. I'm sure it is just to stay as focused as possible on the task at hand.

6. scribblec

scribblec New Member

i doubt it, no sex for 2 weeks = constantly thinking about sex hell the boxer is probably thinking he needs to sex the other boxer if anything

7. qwop

qwop underground pirate OT Supporter

It was well reported in our press that the manager of one of our soccer teams banned the lads from having sex with their wives/girlfriends before the big matches because of it having a negative effect on their performance.

8. Dave_54

Dave_54 New Member

Idk its just werid ive heard alot of people say it is beneficial to the athlete

9. jonno

jonno New Member

it doesnt matter. the difference is probably so small it's not even noticable

10. Leaden Grudge

Leaden Grudge OT Supporter

Maybe it depends on the person. I know for me, after, all I want to do is just lie there and do nothing.

11. NCS

NCS Active Member

i've heard for men its bad to have sex before but for women its good.

12. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

:dunno: I know a lot of the members on my school's swimteam used to have sex before big meets, and they always did really well.

13. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

It's HORRIBLE to do. Personally, I get so relaxed and sleepy after sex that I don't feel like doing anything else. I did it once before a hockey game and was so tired for the first period that I never wanted to do it again.

14. eatininbed01

eatininbed01 OT Supporter

ive heard that it is bad for guys to have sex before a game, fight, whatever you want to call it because it brings the levels of testosterone down, but its good for girls because it brings the testosterone up.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

i don't think girls absorb much testosterone into their bodies from semen. if they do, i doubt that it's a remotely detectable increase. then again, i'm not a scientist.

16. Opie Winston

Opie Winston New Member

24 hour rule when i played hockey

17. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

ugh...

fact #1 = there is no protein in semen. The ammount of protein in the most massive load ever shot is completely dietarily insignificant.

fact #2 = having sex/orgasms RAISES the test level in men. "researchers have found that moderate exercise such as with sexual activity lasting 45 to 90 minutes, will result in an increase in a man's testosterone level." obviously do not have marathon sex, but a regular/quickie is GOOD for your test levels, just dont use up your all your energy banging.

"Led by Emmanuele Jannini, a team of scientists from Italy's University of L'Aquila say they have found that men's testosterone levels rise with sexual activity; and the more sexual activity, the greater the increase in testosterone."

a bj then a nap before the game is probably an excellent idea. Never straight from sexual activity straight into the game though because orgasms make most people drowsy.

the night before? stick the girl on top and let her do the work and reap the rewards of a test spike and a good nights sleep.

18. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I have sex all the time before hockey games...really doesnt seem to have any noticeable affect on me... :dunno:

19. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

The rumor I had heard was that boxers abstain from sex in the weeks or even months before a fight. It makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint. If a male hasn't mated with a female in a long time, he's going to be more aggressive against competing males in order to secure his mate.

As far as testosterone levels go... I notice I'm generally in a more pleasant mood and less easily angered after having sex. I have a naturally high testosterone level, so it's easy to notice changes like that.

I would tend to disagree with the originally posted rumor, but agree with the opposite.