WEB Is this out there? v Firefox Add-on...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jdw, May 3, 2008.

1. jdw

jdw New Member

Wondering if there is a firefox addon out there that when you open firefox it will open multiple browsers with different tabs loaded in each. I usually run 2 browsers side by side on my work machine and I'm looking for a shortcut to get it loaded up every morning.

2. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

I don't know about "when you open firefox" but I think an addon called something like "morning coffee" does something like that I believe.

Other than that, if they are the same urls you want opened up every day, you could just make one folder in your address bar and save/bookmark all those URLs into that folder then click the folder and scroll to the bottom where it says "open all in tabs"

3. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

Do you mean load up different pages in different tabs? If that's what you mean I have the answer for you lol :noes:

You can bookmark multiple sites in a folder, then just go to your bookmarks, and in the folder click "Open in all tabs"... I hope this helps :)

4. exify

exify Active Member

you can set your homepage to multiple tabs, so it's automated. The only thing I can think of for multiple windows is 2 profiles and 2 shortcuts.

ex of tab homepage: cnn.com | offtopic.com | msn.com

5. jdw

jdw New Member

oh I've already got multiple tabs opening as the 'homepage'.

I'd like something set up so that when I open Firefox it triggers multiple browsers, places them on the screen where I want them, and opens 4-6 different sites spread between tabs on both browser instances (one browser gets our online support site and one of our main sites and the other gets our primary site and the admin side of the main site in the other browser)

6. exify

exify Active Member

only solution i can think of is multiple profiles. or maybe something that lets you drag tabs to new windows.

7. Necromancer

Necromancer Guest

I hate how you can't drag a tab out to become a new window.

:squint: