Is this Nutrition info for Chicken (from FitDay) accurate?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by pooshda, Oct 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pooshda

pooshda New Member

These numbers I got from my FitDay software seem kind of "lofty" for Fried Chicken.. I just got done eating 7 pieces of Fried Chicken from the local Deli (I was kind of hungry)

I ate 2 legs, 2 thighs, 2 wings, and 1 breast and it says this is a total of 131 grams of protein and 1069 calories.

the one piece that really "struck me" was the Breast, it says there are 63 grams of protein in a single chicken breast, is this a lofty number or is that seriously accurate? That seems like a lot of protein for 1 food item to me, but if thats true that is awesome.

:bowdown:Chicken Breast

heh, not bad for one meal, almost my body weight in protein/grams.

I heard something along the lines that your body can only digest around 50grams/protein per hour though, no idea if thats accurate or not so I hope all that protein didnt just goto waste.

2. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

I always thought it was 35-45 grams per breast but I suppose the size could vary alot. It's really good stuff.

3. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

Speaking of I just went to a BBQ house and had half a chicken, decent side order of mashed potatoes with gravy, mac n cheese and collard greens. My body wants to nap.

4. pooshda

pooshda New Member

Yeah, I could take a nap right now too.. feels good to have a big meal and then just relax... and damn do I ever love chicken :bigthumb:

5. TracerBullet

TracerBullet Active Member

I never trust their info, its always wrong on stuff where I have the nutrition label to double check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.