SRS Is this normal?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by rootboozer, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. rootboozer

    rootboozer New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2004
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Last year, after I had graduated from high school I met a girl who was a year younger than me. We started hooking up, dating, whatever. This was the first girl I had really ever had a relationship with. Things were good until I moved away(20 mins) to the dorms. Then, a combonation of my fault(first relationship, i sucked at it), her fault, and circumstances neither of us could control(people were spreading rumors about things i never said, we were both in kinda the same circle of friends in high school, and younger girls were spreading the rumors) the relationship ended one day. She just called me one day and left a message on my phone telling me to never talk to her or see her again. That was the end of October.

    To this day, I still find myself thinking about her everyday. Like things i would say to her if i ever talked to her again. Sometimes I even dream about her. It was getting better until last week i saw her on campus and we just said hi and kept walking. So lately i have been thinking about her more and more.

    I've gotten involved in my own life during the time we weren't talking. I straightened out my grades, joined a fraternity that i really enjoy, met a TON of new friends. I've tried to keep myself busy, and i am happy with my life and what i am doing with it. Sometimes(often times, i guess) i just really miss her. I guess it would have been different had i seen her breaking up with me coming(i should have looking back on it), but it just happened without me knowing it. It just sucks knowing there is a 99% chance she'll never want to hang out again, because the 1% is what keeps me thinking about her. And knowing i don't really mean that much to her(we never had sex) really sucks. And now i'll be seeing more of her because she is joining a sorority.

    Also, it isn't as if i have not been trying to meet other girls. Sometimes i just feel like i'm lowering my standards with some girls(as much as i hate to say it this girl was out of my league in the looks department, but i loved her personality more than anything) so it's hard to commit. I suppose going out with other girls would help a lot, but i get enough satisfaction when i hang out with my friends and a bunch of girls on the weekends.

    I just read this again to myself, and it makes me sound like a whiny bitch, and i'm really not like that at all. I'm i guess what you say the leader of my friends and i'm well respected in my fraternity(one of the top 3 on campus, ASU).

    Is it normal for me to think like this or am i being a straight up bitch?
     
  2. bimmer318

    bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    8,396
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Toronots
    nah youre OK man. i believe it is normal to feel that way..

    Whats funny is that I am in 3rd year at college now, and I met a girl 1.5 weeks ago. She is in my program, but in 1st year, but 3 years older than me. We hit it off so well, and talked for hours for the next 3 days, but I oly saw her at school so it was not quite a "date"... I didnt even think she was that good looking either...

    Fast forward 5 days, and I havent seen her, yet I am not able to get her out of my head. She doesnt have a cell phone but I want to go on a date.. As a result I wasnt able to concentrate on work, this is killing me...Usually Im really good at school too.

    BTW i am 21 and this is my first time with a girl.. lol..
     
  3. themolsen

    themolsen New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2006
    Messages:
    7,414
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Jacksonville, FL
    it's normal dude. you never really closed the book with her, ya know? she just called and left a message and said it's over. no doubt there's a ton of things you want to say to her.... but it's really awesome that you've gotten your shit together otherwise. lesser men would not be able to do that.

    also, did she happen to be a girl that was, you know, probably better looking than you would normally get?

    i was dating this girl once that was...wow...GORGEOUS. every guy wanted her, but I had her. we broke up, blah blah blah.... but man, i'm not THAT good looking, you know? she's shoulda been with a guy alot better looking, but had chosen me, and that's hard to get past in today's world full of superficial image-conscious bitches.
     
  4. fhfn2000

    fhfn2000 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2003
    Messages:
    3,470
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    like themolsen said, not having closure really sucks. I had a bit of the same situation myself.

    i still think about her all the time too. its good to know that I'm not the only one going through this. i'm sure this stuff just takes time to get over.
     

Share This Page