SRS Is this normal???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Spidey_C, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

This is long so go and grab some popcorn, beef jerky, or whatever the hell you eat as a snack.

Well I've known this girl since I was still in diapers. Me and her mom were best of friends. While we were younger we had a little thing of course, but of course it was never serious as we were only 3 years old or so hehehe. Anyway, my moms friend moved out into Long Island. Its a hefty drive from here(Queens) to there so they had minimal contact with the exception of phone calls and such. We saw each other sparingly throughout the years. At about 11, I just didn't see her for another 3 years or so. Well, now at 14 me and her see each other and first thing I see is that she is gorgeous. I guess she probably thought the same though. At that point in time, I was pretty shy and was pretty reluctant to do anything about it. For some reason my mom and her mom started to communicate more and more since we lived a bit closer to long island. I see her more often and started falling hard. This went on for about a year. I guess waiting to long > me. I guess she lost whatever she felt or whatever. I still yearned for her, and talked her when I could. I was hit hard when I found out she was moving to Florida. Now I pretty much knew any chance I had was screwed. Well her mom invited my family to her knew house during spring break two years back. For some reason during the stay I just told her how I felt about her and shit gave her a nice pendant. As it was my luck her mom interuppted and told her to go to bed before I could finish what I was going to tell her. Well I tried to talk to her afterwards and was seemingly pissed off at me. Didn't want to talk to me at all. I got mad and just ceased communication. Before she left in June, my mom invited her family to a farewell dinner. We didn't resolve the situation prior to this and said but one word to each other during the whole time. That was that we didn't part on good terms. She later ask me to come to her sweet 16 after not talking to her in like months. I said I wouldn't feel right and she told me she didn't want drama, and the whole nine. I didn't like drama either, but I didn't think we should just start talking so damn casually like nothing had happened. I attended the thing so I wouldn't look like an ass. Last we spoke was in february of 04'. Haven't said a word since.

All and all it was just some stupid shit going on here. Thing is I liked my fair share of girls through my life. For some reason she just left like some sort of feeling I can't shake off even now. Its been this long and for some reason still have the same feeling I had when I saw her again after those 3 years. It scares me sometimes. When I do think of her, the times when everything was well come to mind, then its overshadowed by the way she acted. . It's been awhile. Most guys would have gotten over the girl already, but for some reason, I can't forget her. I'm not sure if this is normal, so I deciced to write this down and see if OT can share their opinions.

2. blahtotheworld

blahtotheworld New Member

Perfectly normal...there will be one, or a very very select few, that no matter what the fuck you do you cant forget. Its not a bad thing just dont dwell on it (laughs at self for not taking this advice).

3. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

Yeah, well I fell hard. I do talk to other girls and what not. For some reason now, I just find something wrong with them to have an excuse to still feel for this girl....

4. machazure

machazure New Member

I dont really have any "advice" for you... but I have the same thing going on with a girl I know. we dated for a while and she broke up with me because of some issues. Anyway, its been about two months and I have the same strong feelings for her since the day we met. She has blown me off, and she is definentaly not perfect... but it doesnt matter. Other girls I like... but I just cant shake the feelings I have for this one girl.

5. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You don't have any chance here it seems, so the best thing for you to do is to consciously suppress the feelings until it is no longer there. Email her or something and apologize for the silly crush you had on her. Tell her she was the first girl you were close with so you were just into her for some reason. And now as you've met other girls you've gotten over her. While this is all a lie, it should make her feel more comfortable around you and you'd be able to resume a normal friendship. I've known many guys like you who love a girl for years. A lot of it is due to never having any real closure. Try not to be selfish about your needs. Try to understand that she needs to live her own life. You have no idea how lucky you are compared to guys who get lead on and still end up with nothing. She did the right thing but you couldn't let it go.

6. katt_85

katt_85 OT Supporter

^ I dont know if i would be emailing her anytime soon. :ugh:

I can understand where your comming from. I mean. the whole knowing this person since you were really young, and then growing apart with feelings still lingering. It happens. Chances are , you will probably always remember her, and she you. Remembering old crushes is normal. Obsessing over them to the point where it interferes with current relationships isnt.

Best thing i can really recommend would be just remember whatever good times you once shared as kids and move on to greater things with better people.

7. Spidey_C

Spidey_C Play to win.

Yeah, I don't think I would email her since it would be weird saying all that since we haven't talked in a year or so. I havent excommunicated with the other gender. I talk and flirt with girls daily. Just for some reason I measure them up to her and find them lacking something I see in her.

Thanks for some input on this. It has added a bit more clarity.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2005