SRS Is this normal? (Alcohol Related)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by angerisagift, Feb 4, 2005.

1. angerisagift

angerisagift It's all about the Red... Not about the Green!

Ok, as some of you may know in here, my ex is an alcoholic, shes always had a big problem with liquor and never knew when to quit. Im talking a bottle of rum or gin or vodka gone in one night, sometimes two nights. Or 12 or 18 packs of beer gone in 1 to 2 days with me probably having 2 or 3 out of those, I've never been a hard liquor person, so I stuck mostly to the beer.

But anyway...heres my question.
    I used to be a bit of a beer connoisseur. I never got to the point of being hammered or drunk. But it just intrigued me to try new ales/lagers/whathaveyou from all parts of the world

Now, anytime I go to a bar ,which is very rare, last time was probably Halloween. I kinda get freaked out and probably have like one or at most 2 Miller Lites. I just get wierded out and think stuff like "What if I end up like HER?" or "Now Im just like her" or whatever. My point being, anytime I even think of liquor, it just creeps me out and makes me totally uninterested and kind of grossed out by it. It's a shame, because It was kinda like a hobby with one of my closest friends who helped me through out this struggle. He keeps telling me that I have to be myself, and that hobby was a part of me, and I shouldn't let that change because I never drank to get drunk or to get rid of problems or anything. I even had a big imported beer collection on a rack that I gave to him because I didn't want it in my house anymore. I don't have ANY alcohol in my house anymore, and he says I can have it back whenever I want, but I don't know..
    Am I overreacting? Or am I doing the right thing?

2. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Sounds like a pretty normal reaction to an intimate exposure to alcoholism, and I can't think of a reason for you to try to "fix" this. You and your drinking buddy need to think of something else to do together.

I hear crack gets you high as fuck. :noes: :noes: :noes: :noes:

3. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

I watched drugs destroy my family first hand. (parents got arrested for pot, lost teh jobs, alchoholism/drug problems arose and family completley fell apart and ended in divorce)

so now, i cant stand even to hear about people doing drugs, when i do hear it i get disgusted and want to kick them where they make babies. i think its a natural reaction to distance yourself from things that you have witnessed cause someone harm. its a natural human reaction.

if i witness you die a grusome death in a motorcycle accident. i'm not likley to get on a bike any time soon.

thats my .02 :dunno:

4. Throwdown

Throwdown whore destroyer

like peyomp said. (minus the comment about drugs) find a new hobby. join a XEdge rock & roll band :mamoru:

5. angerisagift

angerisagift It's all about the Red... Not about the Green!

Thanks for your input and Im sorry to hear about your family :sadwavey:
    Yeah, I don't know, I just don't even think of it anymore. Well part of me does because it intrigued me and some of the bottles were really nice. But I don't know, Its just that every time I see it, or drink it, I feel disgusted.
    I work Security in a hospital and a lot of the times we deal with drunks and OD's and sometimes they're just so fucking hammered, and they stink so bad that I almost puke or wanna beat the crap out of them., Drunks are just so fucking obnoxious.

That doesnt sound like a bad idea. I actually have written a lot of poetry/lyrics about her and her crap :hsd: may be a little too emo though for some folks, I was listening to Dashboard Confessional for months after all the crap happened so I was kinda influenced by that.