Is this monitor of quality?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VoOdOoVyPeR, Jul 27, 2005.

1. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

I just got a Sony SDM-HS95P. I kinda had to get it without reading up on any monitors. I'm using it now and it seems ok, just one thing...I was doing the screen adjustment utility thing and theres one part where you have to adjust the pitch if you see any vertical lines on the screen. i see one right down the middle but i cant find where it says to change it, the option doesn't exist.

So has anybody heard anything good or bad about this monitor, and does anyone else have a sony that knows what im talking about with the pitch adjustment?

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

sony monitors are "meh". And you can't adjust the pitch on and LCD. Make sure you're runing the optimal resolution.

3. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

it ses in the utility thing that came with it that i can. it was model # specific instructions.

optimal res is 1280x1024 and that what im running it at. altho i am confused at the settings for "movie, game, pc, and auto"

pc looks fine and all for when im doing stuff like this
    but "game" looks horrible when playing a game. it enhances the brightness so much it just looks bad. im trying to find a nuetral for all types but im having trouble doing so.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

If the picture quality for games is more important than the picture quality for normal use, then start up a game and adjust the picture until it looks good.

Another idea is to delete the software that came with the thing and just use the controls on the screen itself.

Don't use the special settings called "pc" and "game" and whatnot, or if you have to use them, just pick one and never change it again. Those extra settings are just gimmicks anyway.