is this just a break like he says or really just a breakup?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by devildoll3584, Aug 6, 2005.

1. devildoll3584

devildoll3584 New Member

So my boyfriend and I have been together over 4 months now. We never planned on having a relationship, other than our friendship (and great sex), but we never wanted to label it a "boyfriend/ girlfriend" thing. But it happened. Quickly. And I moved in with him after about 1 month, but just for the summer. Now I just moved out of his place on Monday, and the next day he is telling me he "needs space" and just to give him a few days to think about stuff. He wouldn't answer me when I asked him what he needs to think about. He wants a few days of not talking and not seeing each other, and he said he would call me when he is ready to talk. I'm really confused about this whole thing. I guess I could see it coming... we hadn't been very close for the days just prior to him telling me this and hadn't had sex in almost a week as well (NOT normal). I haven't talked to him in a few days and haven't seen him since Monday. What does this mean? I just want to know if this really is just a little break or if he is just dragging on the breakup.

2. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

guys get tired of girls really easily. He may like them A LOT for awhile then just lose interest. Girls will usually can like a guy without thinking about anyone else for awhile, but guys are usually different. He may just need a little time away from you to realize that he really does like you, but dont bug him about it all the time. If you become overly obsessed he might just get freaked out and ditch you. But act like you do care and try not to act like you have to have him.

3. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

remember why this started. just for friends and great sex. maybe that is all he wanted and by you moving out he sees his opening to just sever the ties. I could be wrong of course but that is just how i see it

4. micks

micks the snausage wallet OT Supporter

Moving in with him after 1 month of being together was a bad move on your part. You should've seen it coming..

5. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

Sounds like it's a breakup to me. Permanent or not, who knows, but him distancing himself a few days before and then wanting a "break" sounds like it's over.

6. devildoll3584

devildoll3584 New Member

oh we definitely talked about that before i moved in but we didnt think it would get this bad

7. gklick

gklick Fight On!

Why was there no sex for a week? Your fault, his fault, or mutual?

8. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

No such thing as a "break".

9. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

:werd: move on, its best for you

10. devildoll3584

devildoll3584 New Member

well i finally just walked over to his house and talked to him. and now that we were able to talk, together we decided to just take our relationship down a couple steps. not so serious. not so trapped. but not over. we are still going to see each other maybe a couple times a week because we cant be cut out of each others' lives completely. we still want to know how everything is going with one another, still want to talk... have sex if it happens and just see where it goes. im not soo happy about this but i am definitely content and feel it was the right decision, now that we actually got to talk about it together. he even invited me over tonight to hang out with him and some other friends, just to chill a while and go back to my home. i am very hopeful :x: but let me know if you still think it's all bs...

11. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

not enough information to tell, but if i was a betting man, i would put my money on him dating other girls, and keeping you around for friends with benefits type thing, but if that works for you then :bigthumb:

12. Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey OT Supporter

it was probably too much too soon.

13. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

waaaait a minute here, woman. is this the same guy that you made a thread about him not calling you his gf in front of his friends? fyi... i'm referencing this thread... http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1819388

:dunno: i thought i was pretty clear in what i thought about the whole situation... he's not interested in you, and never really seems to have been interested in you. you deserve someone a lot better than him.

take this "talking" with him as a sign you need to move on and find someone who treats you with respect ALL the time, not just so they can get laid whenever they want.

14. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Now you are prolonging the inevitable. I am a professional at this. Let me look into my crystal ball... you will continue this "step back" for a month or so. Pretending everything is alright when really you have a rain storm going on inside. You will pretend not to notice when he gets phone calls from girls, or when he makes plans and doesn't include you. Then one day he will tell you he is just not feeling it, and you will be crushed.

Why are you doing this? To continue having sex? There are plenty of sex shops with toys that will get you off faster then you know it. The great thing is that these toys will always be in the mood, and they will never burp/ fart/ or say something to upset you.

For comfort? You will soon enough be comfortable enough in your own skin to not need the companionship of another.

For friendship? I am sure you have plenty of friends and family that don't make you feel like shit most of the time anyways. Remember a few good times don't constitute a lifetime of hapiness.

For a future? Refer to the first paragraph. He is already fucking up, there is no future. You can easily find someone that will treat you the way you need to be treated and you will never have to second guess it...

15. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Oh, snap. I remember that post, I said it once and I unna say it again. Get the f out of there! And move on ;)

16. Epiphany

Epiphany 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

That is BS....

I would never be demoted in a relationship to still being there just on a less demanding basis. Especially after 4 months. You should be moving the other direction. Whats the point of staying if it's going to move backwards? Where is this relationship going?

Have some pride honey. He wants his cake and eat it too. Thats all he's after.

17. Shelby500

Shelby500 New Member

I dont understand why you would put up with this. you have very little respect for yourself by allowing you to go through this..get your head outta the clouds and realize you are wasting your time by sitting thru this crap and letting him date around other girls while you sit there worrying about him and all you get is to fuck him...well all he wants is to fuck you and thats it nothing more, you need to move on girl and find a man who can fuck you and love you like you deserve.

18. devildoll3584

devildoll3584 New Member

after the talk we had i felt completely comfortable with everything. this means that I get to date other people too. i like this situation now because i see that in the past i was trying to make this thing work, neither one of us ever wanted a relationship before meeting each ither, but we got so close that it happened. taking a step back i realize that i dont need such a commitment right now because we are in college, summer is almost over and come fall semester it would have ended, probably worse than how it did now

and i do have plenty of toys, all of which he bought for me, to use on/ with me... but now i get them all for myself :bigthumb:

19. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

as long as you remember that he's no good... :nono:

it's his loss, woman! :)

20. Ora

Ora New Member

In all my experiences, never once have i had a woman get back with me after a "Break" its just an excuse to break up with you in my opinion. Good luck tho :x: