A&P Is this filter kit worth getting?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Demon, May 7, 2008.

1. Demon

Demon Member

Note that i've only just gotten into photography.. just received my Canon 450D / Rebel XSI yesterday .. so i don't need to be spending $300 on filters that come with the twin IS kit lens..

http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod2374.htm

Hoya Introductory Filter Kit – 3 filters plus filter wallet (58mm)

This introductory filter kit from Hoya includes three of the most necessary filters for your camera bag: UV filter, Circular Polariser and a Warm Filter.

The UV filter is used for the absorption of ultra violet rays that make outdoor photographs hazy and indistinct as well as for protecting the front element of your lens whilst a Circular Polarising Filter is great for removing unwanted glare and reflections as well as increasing contrast and saturation in blue skies, while not affecting overall colour balance. The Warm Filter removes unwanted blue/green colouration – great for more natural, tanned-looking skin tones.

Kit includes:

Hoya G Series UV Filter
    Hoya G Series Circular Polarising Filter
    Hoya Warm Filter
    Filter Wallet

Or am i worth getting just a separate UV & polarizer since i can apply the 'warming filter' in PS CS3 ?

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. nine

nine OT Supporter

i'm pretty sure the filters in that kit are uncoated or single coated. just spend the cash on some good filters.

3. Demon

Demon Member

Cool, thanks

4. emorphien

emorphien New Member

Only one that's truly important is the polarizer. A UV filter is nice for protection in certain situations though.

And I agree, I think the G series is supposed to be the cheap/crappy line. Go for the better multicoated filters.