SRS Is this even possible?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyRy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I've had a really bad year and a half (I've posted stories before) and it has hurt my GPA at school big time (under 2.0 at this moment :wtc:) and since I have been batteling depression very hard this semester my grades are terrible. I am in counseling and I will be talking to a dr. about getting on meds this week if I can man up and go talk to one. Here's my question, would it be academically possible to drop the bad grades or something from this semester? And with whom would I speak with? Should I talk to my counselor about this? According to what I just read I will get suspended at the end of the semester again and I do not want that to happen. I went thru the suspension waiver program this year, did a good job this summer, and it started out good this semester then it just all went down hill, I'm working my butt off over this break but I don't think I will even be able to pull off a 2.0 this semester since one of my teachers is flunking me due to missed classes (although I didn't tell him about being depressed and stuff...)

I hope it makes sense :hs:

2. Memor

Memor Active Member

I am in the exact same situation. I went to the counseling center at my school, got help, and went on meds. 99% chance I will take a "Leave of Absence" which is an early withdrawl from the semester, approved by my psych, parents get refunded and the slate wiped clean. I take next semester off, work/regroup, then come back in the fall.

Hope your school has the same option man, good luck :hs:

3. Memor

Memor Active Member

Manning up and doing it can make all the difference. I'd be in a really bad place now if I hadn't gone and gotten help. The sooner you start taking initiative, the faster things will get better in the long run.

4. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I don't want to take next semester off though :sad2:

5. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Thank you for the advice and wishes of good luck.