SRS Is this a wise thing to do... ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by teh_fuzz, Jun 20, 2008.

1. teh_fuzz

teh_fuzz New Member

As some of you have read i am separated from the wife, more than likely and much to my dismay things are headed for a divorce so of course im trying to cope with that, in very different ways.

Enter the ex-ex: She is back in town and we are trying to set something up to catch up on old times. We didnt really have a bad slpit, we were just trying to grow up too fast and we weren't ready for it, but it was a split nonetheless.

Today she messaged me and weve been txt messaging all day, I offered her drinks, dinner and a good chat! She willingly and quickly accepted as she is going through some of the same shit I am going through and well we are very comfortable with each otehr... both different stories but still all the same... she said it would be lots of fun to see me again.

I want to meet up with her but Im afraid if I do, the fact that Im lonely will take the best of me and I'd end up ruining what could be the rekindling of a good friendship. the main problem is that we have been known to be weak with each other before (before I was married).

How can I deal with this? shold I just say fuck it and see where it goes? i miss the companionship of a woman, and shes on the same boat...

- Should I cancel? (That would be a bitch move lol and after all I suggested we go out for dinner and drinks)

- Should I just go and have the good time I think I will? let things be for now?

Its been about 7 yrs since I ever met up with anyone without the wife?
    i cant even remember how to deal with this kind of situations lol

Advice on what would be the best route to take?

thanks in advance!

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I say yes see her, but take it slow , personally i think your going rather fast but then again maby this is a chance to recandle something beautifull and something you might should have done in the first place, but then again take it nice and smooth,because its a fragile period you are in and i wouldn't do anything overly hasty that would damage you even more then you already are., you know it takes time to heal if you go too fast you might get injured even more, so watch out for that. Id say Just blow off some steam and have a nice time with her.

3. teh_fuzz

teh_fuzz New Member

yeah, the more i think about it the more i just think I should enjoy this as the good friends we once were, if it goes on then it does... no use in trying to make something out of nothing at the moment.

Ill go for drinks and chat!

I dont necesarily want a relationship, I just want to have someone to kick it with that can essentially get me at this time.. who knows

thanks Darkenternal!

4. teh_fuzz

teh_fuzz New Member

Well, last night was a lot of fun! We bs'd for what seemed to be forever and had a damn good time with drinks and all. It was nice to hear someone else's troubles for once, and be able to lend an ear as well as spill my problems unto someone whom i am comfortable with nd I know at the very least gives a shit even after not seeing each other face to face for over 8 years!

5. teh_fuzz

teh_fuzz New Member

As stated at the top of the thread

I have tried to do several things to get my mind off her (exwife), one of them was to talk to my friends and go out, not necessarily to get myself out there to date but to simply clear my head. Well, I found out my ex is back in town a few days ago and we went for drinks and dinner to chat and catch up. (as noted at the original post)

I know its the emotions right now and that its not the best time to let them get the best of me, but we are both thinking of getting into something together once again. Problem is she is a little wild, she slept around and parties like no other, before that is nothing new, nor anything that i feel good about I just dont like the sleeping around as i know this will do nothing more than leave me hurt once again.

I dont really know that I want a relationship, nonetheless a relationship like that, I feel like it is too soon for me! It has only been almost 3 months since the wife and i ended things and about 2 weeks since we separated (but our relationship was way past is due time much to my dismay for some time now) the exgf and I's past history was good, at least until our split.

Right now, the exgf is as confused as I am, she knows what I can offer her now and she likes it, she knows that we can be happy together but she is having a hard time making the desicion as to if she wants to jump into things with me and give it another go, or continue to lead her life doing her own thing. I honestly think she is afraid of being happy, she said she hasnt really been happy since we split up last time about 8-9 yrs ago.

Some of you will say that I may be moving too fast, but its weird when you feel empty and alone and someone comes along that knows you and what you are like and likes it... it is a great feeling. I honestly never thought I would end up with her again and even now that this is still up in the air, the thought of it sure feels good, to that we both agree.

Im afraid that she will say no to us trying once again, but in all honesty im not too hopeful right now, it would be awesome if she did but im trying to let her make that desicion on her own. If she decides to give it a go, Ill be ready for it, and if she doesnt then i NEED to be ready... but at this moment I dont know how to be ready.

Any advice?

6. less_than_adam

less_than_adam New Member

Like was stated earlier in the thread, slow down man. Traditionally, this is when you should be fucking whores, not heading into another relationship.

Just joking about the fucking around part, but seriously take it slow man. Dont rush into anything even remotely serious. For fucks sake, you aren't even divorced yet.

7. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

how were you weak with eachother before you got married?

8. teh_fuzz

teh_fuzz New Member

i meant that after we broke up and before i got with my wife, we met up a few times and we both were weak on each other, we kissed, had sex, etc...