SRS Is this a sign that i need to not drink anymore?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dustintendo, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Dustintendo

Dustintendo Guest

im not sure if this belongs here, but ive noticed that i feel like im a much better person while drunk, and i think that could possibly lead me to alcohol dependency.

2. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Yes I believe you are in the right place. I had feelings like this for years and years. Everyone has a little more confidence when drinking ... but if you feel like that's the only way you can truly be you and express yourself, you may run into problems...

How old are you? Maybe you need the opportunity to grow in certain situations without alcohol, or possibly you need to come to grips with who you really are. Try not drinking for a little while, or attend an AA meeting and see if you can relate to what people are talking about. This would be the best way to find out more information about potential problems, if you want to be proactive about the situation. Then again, what alcoholic is proactive about any situation, damn what a paradox.

3. Dustintendo

Dustintendo Guest

im 18 and i pretty much have only been drinking for a few weeks. i have found that since i have started drinking i have become much more social even while sober. i have been going to parties lately, and the more i think about it maybe its not the alcohol but the mass socializing thats making me more confident?

4. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

i was in the same boat as you at 16/17 or so. I started socializing alot more and dating alot at the same time as drinking alcohol, i did other drugs long before but drinking at parties seem to do the trick for my social life. I ended up getting pretty hardcore pretty fast and then I cleaned up my act for a few years, went to college and stuff. I kinda managed my alcoholism for a long time but eventually it caught up with me, worse than ever. If you want to be proactive about it do what eligh suggested. You don't sound like you are in the throws of addiction at the moment but educate yourself about alcoholism and drug addiction, see if you can relate to the feelings of others with these problems. Try moderating, or putting it off until you are 21 or something. See if you break any promises you make with yourself.

5. Don Ganja

Don Ganja Drunk Driving > *

If you just started drinking a few weeks ago, you hardly need worry about addiction. I started at 18 and I too found myself to be more social even when sober. What you need to watch out for is if you feel you cant be social without it. Drinking is a fun social activity - just take it easy and it will stay that way.

Just don't be dumb like me and drive while intoxicated.

6. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

Its like this. Try to stop drinking, completely, just to see if you can do it.

For us, its like trying not to take a shit when you have diareah. If your results are similar, you may want to look into it further.

7. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

lol, it is like trying not to take a shit when you have diarhea, that's funny shit

8. Glutch Rawhide

Glutch Rawhide New Member

One of the problems people fall into is they think they need to have a drink in order to have any fun. This is true with a lot of young people and can develop into a bad and costly habit. Learn at a young age that drinking isn't a necessary part of every activity. You will be better off once you learn you can still talk to members of the opposite sex and get up and dance with out having a few drinks first.

9. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

good advice :bigthumb:

10. Moonwalker

Moonwalker fagulous

yep i was an alcoholic for about 3 months thanks to my job. i was getting completely trashed every single day... thats how i felt. the only time i was happy was when i was drunk. luckily i was able to quit after a severe day of drinking WAY too much.

11. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

were you a bartender?

12. uofapeter

uofapeter New Member

ha its so true

13. Saturn Sun

Saturn Sun New Member

:noes: :hsd: