Is this a good thing?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by gabacho numero uno, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gabacho numero uno

gabacho numero uno New Member

Okay, today I was looking at my profile on MySpace and I decided it needed some changes. It seemed too gabby. I decided it gave away way too much info about myself. I had everything about myself there it seemed- including an obsessively long list of my favorite films. So I edited all of that info about myself out and put in short, at least somewhat humorous/random answers in place of it.

Since Young Frankenstein is one of my absolute favorite films I decided to use a humorous quote from it as the opening line for my profile and I even changed my default picture to a pic from the movie(I still have my gallery of pictures for people who wanna see what I really look like).

Basically I have come to the conclusion the best image to present in the profile is a humorous, light-hearted and mysterious one.

Is this a good thing? Not just online I mean but in general? For the initial impression you give people to be like I described?

btw, here is my myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/soflo_gourmet

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I didn't actually look at your page, and I'm not into the whole myspace thing (I actually have a Facebook account and I fucking hate it, but everyone always adds me and whatnot :greddy: )

Anyway, yeah good call on cleaning up the info, but listing your favorite movies I dont think is a bad thing... movies music and whatnot... Could bring in more people because they would see they share the same taste in things.

But yeah don't put to much specific detail about you on it because you want to seem to have some 'mystery'.

As for your picture I always find it odd when people don't use a picture of themselves because it makes it seem as though they are hiding something. In my books it is worse then the angles that everyone seems so fond of

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Your default picture should always be the best picture of you. If a guy messaged me and didn't have himself as his default I'd immediately assume he was ugly/fat/a loser-and most likely not even click his profile, becuase he should want to show himself off.

4. gabacho numero uno

I understand where you're coming from. BUT, did you look at the page actually? Sense of humor goes a long way, and IMO the funniest thing on the profile is hands down the combo of my default pic and my opening line. Go look and you'll see what I mean(well I guess it would help if you've seen Young Frankenstein).:bigthumb:

A picture aside from yourself as your default doesn't have to send a bad message, anyhow. Why couldn't it mean that you're comfortable enough with yourself that you don't feel the need to prove your worth by parading yourself out front in your defalt picture? Thats just my take here.

And Lady, I AM an ugly fat guy. So whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

I understand why you did it, but what XaPU!M and I are saying is most people won't see it that way. When you are a single girl on Myspace and getting messages all the time from guys you don't know you usually just pass by the ones that don't look good right away from just their default. Sounds superficial, but of course it is, they don't actually know you. Looks are almost always the first thing people care about. Shit, I bet a lot of girls wont even get the Young Frankenstein reference. They will just think you are hiding something.

6. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Plus you are in the working on gaining some confidence right? So get over the fact of what YOU think you look like and put a picture of yourself up. Hell take a bunch of pictures of yourself tonight unitl you take one that you like. But you definatly need a picture of yourself, because despite what you want people to think about it people are going to think what I and Lady G have said

7. gabacho numero uno

First of all if they don't get the Young Frankenstein reference, they suck anyhow:)mamoru:). Secondly, I am the prize so its not my problem if they are too paranoid or too lame to not get a funny reference.

Also, my looks shouldn't be what I present as my number one "selling point"(if you will). My looks just aren't very good. I want to instead highlight other attributes. I think a really funny default pic/opening line ultimately does better for me than any picture of myself I could post. :o:dunno:

8. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

You are doing it again man - Ignoring GOOD advice based on what you beleive to be true (with no experince to back it up - no offense ment)

Most people are just going to see that it is a picture of someone and not think twice and will look at your page, that is where you can be as funny as you want to show your character. But if it is a picture of something random it is going to set bells and whistles off right from the start. That is not going to work in your favour

9. gabacho numero uno

Whatever I disagree and frankly I'm starting to get pissed off a little.

I'm going to be myself. I'm not going to sell myself out for any pussy. There isn't any pussy out there so good its worth doing that to myself. I LOVE the new default pic/opening line, it makes me laugh, it pleases me, therefore its gonna stay and if anyone doesn't like it, honestly, fuck them. I'm not so goddamn needy I'm going to change something on my profile I really, genuinely like to try to curry favor with some random MySpace whore.

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

:rofl: Why do all of your threads turn out the exact same way?

1. Advice wanted
    2. Advice given by multiple people
    3. Advice rejected and you get offended somehow
    4. ???
    5. You will start insulting us very shortly

Also how in the hell do you consider putting a picture of yourself on a page about you selling yourself out?

11. iwishyouwerebeer

Well that's fine, but if that's how you really feel then don't ask everyone what they think.

12. gabacho numero uno

Its changing something *I* like because someone else might not dig it- fuck them if they don't. Thats needy fucking behavior to do that and I think you're really sending me down the WRONG path by suggesting I do it.

Never the less, I'm not gonna insult anyone. And you're really off topic anyhow. ;)

13. demosnat

demosnat New Member

one: are you actually a 5'8 body builder?
    two: youve read the qu'ran?
    sallam

14. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't even know what to say man, you are hopeless

15. lauren

lauren Active Member

it's busy, hard to read and cluttered.

16. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Ya Allah! We've lost him anyhow.

17. gabacho numero uno

This is always what happens around here.

1)I post thread, describe something, and ask a question
    2)people reply, and instead of addressing what I intended to be the subject of the thread they pick out another part of what I describe and criticize it
    3)I get annoyed and you tell me I shouldn't ask about something if I don't really want people's opinions, even though what you criticized isn't even what I asked

If you go back and look I was asking about if its a good thing to present an image that is laid back, humorous and mysterious(not giving much info on yourself).

18. iwishyouwerebeer

Oh wow, I actually clicked on your profile...
    Dude, you're trying way too hard to be "funny" and it comes off sounding weird. You call yourself a "long-haired freak," you've got a contact table of jessica alba grinding, you label yourself as "body builder," your hero is your shadow...and your fav music has Kenny G, and your fav TV is the Weather Channel? I wouldn't even OPEN your pictures if I saw all this. And I'm being serious.

19. gabacho numero uno

sorry but my profile wasn't written with the humor-impaired in mind

Astaghfirallah! :eek3:

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

In answer to said question: on something as inherently creepy as myspace, no. Why? Becasue good looking women on sites like that are constantly sent invites/messsages etc, about 80% of which turn out to be from creeps/rapists/pedos etc. In this medium, it is best to put forth an image that says "hey i'm not hiding anything, im not creepy, and im unlikely to bend you over against your will"

21. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

1. Advice wanted
    2. Advice given by multiple people
    3. Advice rejected and you get offended somehow
    4. ???
    5. You will start insulting us very shortly

...And there is #5

22. gabacho numero uno

I'm being serious: I don't really care what you would do because as you know I don't like you and your response to my profile only confirms you're the type of person I wouldn't get along with/want to date anyhow. :wiggle:

23. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Dont be an asshole. Someone who has no fucking clue what you look like won't have eventhe slightest inclination that thats meant to be funny, if they look at your pics and see you are of no such physique, they will think you are full of shit and lump you into the hiding something/creepy catagorey.

la mushkela

24. iwishyouwerebeer

Alrighty, well tell us how it goes for you.

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Lock and ban
    what a fucking train wreck.

ma3 Sallama lost little brother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.