Is this a good price?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TheManLouisianaFace, May 7, 2008.

1. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

Someone is selling a G4 mac mini.

1.42ghz base config /w bluetooth mouse for $333

Good deal? I've got a AL imac but I'm thinking about picking this little guy up for web surfing since I dual boot into bootcamp a lot.

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

1/2 the price of an Intel mini for a G4? I don't think that's all that great of a deal. I'd save a little more money and get an Intel mini (with the developer discount you can get it for $539).

3. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

It's just going to be for itunes and safari

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Sure but why not spend a little more and make the machine last you a while? You'll wanna have more then 1GB of RAM just for browsing at some point and the G4 only supports 1GB max. Most of the time when people say they're just going to use a machine for browsing and email it becomes a bit more then that. Seems to make sense to me to have the option there if it becomes more or you find a new use for the machine.

5. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

there are also a lot more things you can do with the Intel mini. i don't believe VMWare or Parallels works on the G4 mini, nor could you use bootcamp. it isn't to say that you need to run Windows or any other OS at all, but it is really nice to be able to in a pinch.