A&P Is this a good price for a used 300D?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mandarin orange, Jan 29, 2006.

1. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

This guy I know is selling a VERY good condition Canon 300D DSLR camera. It's the kit and it comes with a second lens (18-55 lens) too and battery grip, monopod, minitripod, flash memory card, carrying book bag, filters, etc.. and he's asking $700.

I'm no pro on DSLRs.. I just want one to learn abou t'em and to mess around with 'em. I currently have just a regular sony cybershot 5.1 mp camera. Maybe eventually I'd get a 10D or 20D. But is the 300D a good camera and is this a good price for all the stuff?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2006
  2. sony

sony Active Member

too expensive!!

3. sony

sony Active Member

If you price it out with market value, it probably breaks even or comes close.

The problem is, you're buying a lot of bullshit you don't need. Not worth it IMO. It's like buying a car at cost but them making you buy a bunch of bullshit accessories at cost that ends up adding up to more than the car would cost if you just bought it without the discount. What the fuck! :eek3:

4. sony

sony Active Member

nice orange av btw

5. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Don't buy a 300d

6. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

actually i found out it comes with a nice lens.. it comes with an extra Canon 55-200mm lens. the 18-55 lens was the KIT lens that it originally came with. it comes with some filters, and a 512mb memory card, and a case to carry it all, and a tripod.

7. dtfromep

dtfromep New Member

I would say go for it. 350d here & the battery grip is worth its weight in gold - they charge about $175 for a new one if I remember correctly. Those nickel and dime items add up if you get them seperately & especially with the second lens, go for it.

8. SpiderOnTheFloor

SpiderOnTheFloor New Member

give him $500 for it, the 55-200 isnt that nice but it does give you some reach