Is this a good idea? Can I do this?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FyreDaug, Oct 2, 2006.

1. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

I currently have a pair of link MB Quart PCE 216 components. Said to be a 4 ohm speaker. I also have a set of hollywood digital excursion 5.25's pic. What I want to do with my newly aquired neon is put the 6.5's in the door, put the mb quart tweeters in the dash speaker spot (yeah 4 front speakers stock) and the 5.25's powered independantly by a 200w rockford amp. These will be crossed over at 60-120hz. 6.5's will take 120+ and type R will get 20-60.

Anyways, what I want to do is run the other tweeters from the 5.25 set in either series or parallel to the MB Quart crossover, and place them beside the center heat vent in the dash (there is room).

Now if I put them in parallel that would 1/2 the impedance of the tweeter, which may not be a good idea for the X-over, so I was thinking if I put them in series the harshness of the MBQ tweeter will be reduced, when half of the 2500hz xover to tweeter goes to the center of the car aswell. Should be excellent for staging.

cliffs: want to put 2 tweeters in series (or parallel?) off of the mb quart crossover. Have 4 tweeters up front with 6.5's in door. (getting 137watts per channel) and 5.25" independantly powered and crossed over at 60-120, fronts get 120+ and sub get 20-16. Will the tweeter idea work?

2. Penetration

Penetration OT Supporter

too tired to think.

3. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

4. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

bump I need to know if its a practical idea to have 4 tweets up front

5. ngsm13

ngsm13 New Member

That will sound absolutely horrid.

Vomit.

6. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

IIRC jacking with impedance jacks wth crossover response and points and such...somehow. But I forget how. Which is why I asked a sorta-halfway similar question recently.

And got zero replies :wtc:

As far as the rest of your setup....well, I wouldn't. Just me...that'd be all but impossible to tune properly even with procs. and gear to do it. Without them, I suspsect yes...it'll sound horrid :(

7. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

sounds good enough for me