Is This A Good Deal?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KeeperOfAcheron, Feb 9, 2006.

1. KeeperOfAcheron

KeeperOfAcheron I dub thee Sir Phobos, Knight of Mars, beater of a

Well, I bought my deal when I was a freshman in college and it was run ever since, and never had any issues. I slowly updated it as time came by. Well, recently my hard drive took a poop on me and I lost all 5 years of data gathered on this thing. I have a feeling its completly fried, so I don't know if I can retrieve any of the data or not.

(Side subject: if you guys know of ways to retrieve the data let me know. Problem is, whenever the power cable is plugged into the drive, it will not allow the entire computer to get power. Like its shorting the whole systme out. Does them same thing on other computers. Sounds like the power part of the hard drive went bad or something.)

So, I decided its probably time to upgrade most of my computer. I had P3 1 gig, 256ram, 40gig drive, etc. Really outdated but it work for me.

So I found this deal online. Tell me if its worth it.

AMD HYPER 3800+ (ATHLON-M XP 2800+, 2.13GHz) PROCESSOR & DELUXE COOLING BALL BEARING FAN & HEATSINK
    266/333MHZ FSB ATHLON MOTHERBOARD w/SIS741GX CHIPSET
    AGP & 2 PCI SLOT OPEN AVAILABLE FOR EXPANSION / 4 ULTRA ATA-133/100/66/33 IDE CHAN
    512MB OF FAST DDRAM, GOLD LEADS
    8xAGP REAL256 64MB DDR VIDEO
    AGP 8X INTERNAL BANDWIDTH THROUGHPUT
    5 USB 2.0 PORTS, PS/2 MOUSE & KEYBOARD PORTS
    CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER COMPATIBLE AC'97 v2.1 PCI SOUND w/ HARDWARE ASSISTED FM SYNTHESIS
    FULL-DUPLEX OPERATION FOR SIMULTANEOUS RECORDING & PLAYBACK
    56K/V90 FAX/MODEM
    DSL READY 10/100 TX-BASE IEEE ETHERNET LAN

No Floppy, Mouse, Keyboard, Hard drive, CD drives are included. I currently have some badass video card I had just bought, and I am buying a new 100gig hard drive today plus I still have my old floppy and cd burner from my dell I could install along with my old mouse and keyboard.

They want to sell this barebones system to me for 179$ plus 49$ for shipping. Is this a good deal?

2. peerk

peerk New Member