Is this a good deal?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Raptor, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Raptor

Raptor Guest

I'm getting my first car although ive been driving my moms civic around for a while and I was wondering if it was a good idea to get this. http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=188003985&dealer_id=56797930&car_year=2003&make=NISSAN&distance=100&lang=en&max_price=18000&model=350Z&end_year=2006&min_price=1&certified=&bkms=1124927520374&address=92651&search_type=both&advanced=&start_year=1999&isp=y&cardist=49#vdptop

I really want something that looks nice and unique and nobody has a 350z in my school. The only problem is the mileage... My dad says that if I got that car it would break down very soon. Can anyone comment on this? Whats the life on these cars.

2. atomic punk

atomic punk pretty hate machine

automatic :rofl:

3. Yukonart

Yukonart Active Member

Well, with the money you'll be saving from buying one with a lot less mileage, you could afford to make the occasional service visit. Seriously. . . it's a Nissan with what I'm sure is a lot of highway miles on it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Just take it to an independent mechanic for a good once over before you buy it. I can't think of too many wear items that'd need work if that many miles were put on the car in a short amount of time. It's usually the extremely low mileage cars that sit a lot which require more work in the long run, anyway.

4. Raptor

Raptor Guest

Can someone tell me whats so great about manual? I'm really puzzled. I don't know how and I don't plan to be racing or anything. Doesn't driving stick just take more concentration and restrict you from multitasking while driving?

5. atomic punk

you shouldn't be multitasking :hsugh:

ESPECIALLY if you're a new driver. buy something cheap, you're just going to stuff it anyway.

6. Raptor

Raptor Guest

i'm not saying that I do multitask, im just saying all the shifting would prevent you from drinkin a soda, talkin on your cell, etc.

7. atomic punk

put soda in cupholder then shift.

get handsfree.

automatics are garbage.

8. Raptor

Raptor Guest

but why?

I truely do not understand at all why someone would prefer manual over automatic, is it like a cult or something?

9. JoeyFyed

JoeyFyed New Member

the 350z is a sports car, you get auto. your an idiot and do not deserve a sports car. How about this, get your moms civic, and let her buy the 350z... ill teach her how to drive stick as well =]

10. Raptor

Raptor Guest

I want an answer, why is manual better? If you give me a good explanation for why manual is so much better than automatic, I will learn to drive a stick and get a manual 350z. But at this point my view is that driving manual is just unnecessary work.

For now though, please excuse the fact that the car us Automatic and tell me if its worth buying with its high mileage.

11. atomic punk

it's all about control.

if you don't get it, you don't get it :)

12. J

J Active Member

doesn't really take much concentration. manual shifting just becomes second nature. it's not even restricting at all -- i could shift and steer with only one hand. hell, i could even shift and drive with one foot if i wanted to

13. J

J Active Member

besides, in my opinion, driving stick is a lot more fun. you just have to try it.

14. JoeyFyed

JoeyFyed New Member

Dont get the 350z. The 2003's are prone to problems. AIM me @ JoeyFyed if you want to seriously talk about it.

15. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

Problems like what? I know they had some alignment problems that caused the tires to wear unevenly but what else?

16. Parabellum

Parabellum Molon Labe!

It's funner to drive unless you drive in rush hour traffic. If that's not really important to you than get an auto.

Don't listen to these fags.

17. JoeyFyed

JoeyFyed New Member

Tire feathering. Trannies going after about 4k. Axle Clicking. Window motors blowing, etc etc etc.... only major ones are trannies and the tires

18. Yukonart

Yukonart Active Member

There is truth to these words.

19. tbizzle

tbizzle you smoke that shit?

learn to drive a manual...learn to drive it well and then decide if you still want the auto or not.

20. PTOOIE

PTOOIE Guest

Do some research online man, look for the same car on dif. used car search engines.

But I think you will get bored of an automatic in like.....two minutes. :dunno: