GUN Is this a good deal for a Glock 26?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, May 10, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

I've been wanting a Glock 26 for a while now, and I recently sold some shit on eBay and have some money to burn.

My local gun shop sells them for $498 + $5 background check fee + 6% sales tax (about $30), so the total would be $533 out the door for a brand new Glock 26. Is this a good deal or could I find better, like online?

2. Accord

Accord New Member

topglock.com has them for $449 + $18.66 shipping. Then i'd pay $25 + $5 background check fee at my FFL so the total would be about $497, so i'd save like $35. Is paying an extra $35 to support my local gun shop worth it or should I just buy it online?

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

For the difference I'd just buy it from the shop.

4. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

I found one at a gun show for ~28$ less than my local store... I chose to support the local business... And he EASILY made up that 28$ in discounts in stuff I bought with the gun... holster, extended mag release, slide stop lever, +2 glock mag basplates, ... uh I got some other stuff I can't remember....

5. Accord

Accord New Member

Wait, so you bought the gun from the gun show but the accessories from your local gun shop?

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I'd say buy it from your store, support their business. Plus you don't have to wait for it to come in the mail

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I think the shop owner gave him discounts on accessories after he bough the gun.

8. Accord

Accord New Member

I have to wait 5 days anyways for the waiting period, so it doesn't matter.

9. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

The waiting period doesn't start until your FFL takes possession of the gun, so it does matter.

Shop = 5 day wait.
    Online = Wait time from Top Glock + Shipping time + 5 day wait.

10. Accord

Accord New Member

Not true, the waiting period begins from the time you fill out the ATF form and the NICS background check is completed.

And regardless, I don't really care about waiting anyways.

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  11. Furner

Furner New Member

so FL has a shoot first law, yet requires you to wait 5 days on a handgun?

12. Gimik

Gimik New Member

The prefered term is "castle law"...

13. jonny427

jonny427 Scooby Doo OT Supporter

Preventing crimes of passion, one gun sale at a time.

14. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

The people that run the gun stores around here are tightwad fuckheads. You try to support their business and then they don't want to do you any favors. I guess they don't realize that by paying an extra $30 or more by buying from them you're the one doing them a favor. I can go to Sportsman's Warehouse or Gander Mtn and get the same deal and still pay less for accessories. Then they try to jack up their FFL transfer fees because they sell the same item for $100 more than what you can get it for online. Sorry, but being able to walk in and shoot the shit with someone that knows about guns isn't reason enough for me to pay inflated prices. It just seems like if you walk into a gun store around here and you know how much you can get something for elsewhere that they treat you like shit as soon as you mention it. If the price differance is only a few dollars then I consider it the price of convenience. If I luck out and find a good deal on something that I want then I jump on it.

The funny thing is the only two place that I get treated decently are at Big 5 and a local pawn shop. I bought 2 mosins on sale for $80 each at Big 5 and now they give me last sale price on anything in the store. I bought my USP 9mm and my Glock 27 at a pawn shop for less than I've seen them anywhere and now they know me by name and give me big discounts off of the sticker price on any gun I want to buy. You can take that for what it's worth.

15. mrbill

mrbill New Member

if the local guy is good, deal with him, if he's a butthead, buy online. when i was looking to get my savage, i went with sportsman's warehouse. i went in and they didn't have what i thought i originally wanted, but right away offered to order it. i went to the local gunshop and asked if they had what i was looking for....answer was no. they didn't even offer to order one, so i hiked back up to sportsmans warehouse and bought from there.

16. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

Uh no... I supported the local shop.

17. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

if it's a cool shop, do it.

if not, and its gonna be the same price --fuck'em

18. Accord

Accord New Member

No, the entire state only has a 3 day waiting period but Broward, Dade, and Palm Beach counties all require a 5 day waiting period, they also happen to be the only democratic counties in the state. Stupid liberals.

19. Accord

Accord New Member

Good advice, that settles it then. The guy who owns my local shop is a former Marine and he's a nice guy, so yeah I would like to support him even though he doesn't give me any good deals.

I guess i'll just get it from him, even though i'm paying an extra $30 bucks at least I know it's going to a Marine :coold:. And his price in the end is basically the same as it would be online including shipping and FFL fees, but it's the fuckin sales tax that jacks it up.

20. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Most of the guys at my Big 5 are great, I walked in the other day looking for a Mosin but they were out and they offered to call me when they got more in :cool:

21. Furner

Furner New Member

what about impulse gun buying? think about the great increase of sales tax revenue, do it for the children!