Is this a good deal for a G35 Coupe?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by The1Ash10, May 2, 2008.

1. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

I'm about two days from buying a black on black 2003 G35 coupe Track Model. It has the Brembo package and six speed and just under 30K miles on it. There is a local dealership that wants $22,950. I'll be trading in my 2000 Honda Accord, and I'm not sure what I'm going to get, but I would assume somewhere in the $2000 range. I've been looking all over the place and can't seem to find another G35 with this package for that price. What are your thoughts?

Side note: I've also been looking at the Audi S4, and I would welcome thoughts one that car, also.

2. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

You have room to talk them down a bit...$23k is a lot for a first year G35 but if it's really what you want, go for it.

As for the S4, that's a completely different animal than a G. The interior is fantastic, it's AWD vs. RWD on the G, and the S4 is really unreliable...my dad had one and he replaced his turbos around 75k IIRC...it was about a $6k job. Excellent car but very expensive to maintain.

3. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

I Has solution. Get a S4 with new turbos already on it :hsd:
    fortunately for you but unfortunately as a general matter of fact, that'd probably not that rare

4. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

The place is a lot like a CarMax, and you pay what they ask.... The car is really what I want, but it seems like a lot for it... :hs:

5. Mint

Mint Active Member

You've never barganed before?

You show them you really want it, they'll show you a high price tag.

Sucker.

6. Zot

Zot OT Supporter

hahahahaha the BUYER is in CONTROL, unless the car is some kind of hot item. Fortunately for you, a G35 is not one of them. You can bargain them down, and get more on your trade in. GL :bigthumb:

EDIT: If I had to choose between a G35 and a S4, it would be the S4 hands down(which model?). But unfortunately, they're notorious for bad reliability, and unless you have the cash to maintain it I would go for the G35.

7. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

the o4 S4 HAULS ASS!!!!!!! no turbos required :) ......instead o2 sensors are required at nearly 500 bucks a pop :rofl:

idk how the earlier V6 S4's are. but they CRAMMED that V8 into the bay, theres prolly about 1/8" of clearance on all four sides of the engine :rofl: the pulleys sit about 1/4" off the radiator, which in turn sits 1/8" off the bumper support :rofl:

8. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

yeah, thats what happens when you shoehorn a v8 in. whats your point?

9. laydback

laydback New Member

ill sell u my 06 for 25k

10. operationrob

operationrob OT Supporter

i'll sell you my 03 for $20k. 40k on it, i'm the second owner, i have every receipt, everything gas fill up and maintance recorded. also second set of wheels with snow tires.