is this a decent speaker set to buy?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nish81, Dec 23, 2008.

1. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

so I live in tanzania, and there's really not much choice about what you can buy. I went and checked out all the stores today, and there's only a few brands. i was thinking about this one out of the pick:

http://www.productreview.com.au/showitem.php?item_id=12317
    Creative LX520 Speakers

[​IMG]

The other sets are all brands like Sonashi, Sayona, or JEC, which i can't find anything about on the internet. I dont really want anything fancy out of my system, just a decent upgrade from my current pair of desk speakers, which will let me listen to music generally well. has anyone heard of any big problems with this brand?

I wouldn't be using them for anything more than listening to music, so I'd probably just try to hook them up as two channels or something. they would plug into my laptop right? i know it might be pointless buying a 5-speaker set for mainly music, but I figured it's better to buy a known brand than 'Sonashi' or 'Sayona' or 'JEC', which are less known.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

creative is pretty decent. don't expect to be blown away by sound quality. they're decent for what they are.

3. bait

bait New Member

Why not buy online and get a 2.1 system?