SRS Is this a cop out?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Crawling Dead, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

So, I've been seeing this girl for the past 8 months and for the past month I seem to have simply lost interest. I realized I was clinging to this relationship because I didnt want to hurt her, blah blah blah same story told a thousand different time.

I am going to break up with her at my next earliest convenience. The problem is I have a bunch of my crap at her house, typical still, I know. My question is, when things cool down and I go over there to eventually pick up my stuff, I know she is going to want to corner me and sit down and "talk about it" and basically try and guilt me back into this relationship. It wont work, and I wont go back out with her, but I dont want to have to sit through it. Is it a cop out to bring someone along with me to pick up my stuff? My brother or a really close friend just so she cant try and lock me into a guilt trip. Or is it just one of those things I have to sit through?

Really, just thinking about it, I really dont actually care. You're only an asshole to the people she tells about it right? And since I dont plan on keeping ties with any of her friends or family I really dont care. I guess I'm just curious for curiosity sake

2. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

You just gotta gradually start getting your shit when you're there.

I know she'll ask why, but just tell her you needed it at home or something :dunno:

Really though, when you do break up with her, just sit down and tell her the reasons why exactly. That way she knows it's not going to work again. If you really want to be a dick, tell her you're just not attracted to her anymore.

And as much as I don't want to sit through the awkwardness of this ordeal, you know I'd help ya out with this if you asked :cool:

3. *RARA*

*RARA* New Member

Man up. Seriously, break up with her and then pick up your stuff, don't bring your bro along.

4. Nite_Lilly

Nite_Lilly Member

Bringing anyone along will be cowardly.:noes: She deserves to get her say about the break up, even if it's uncomfortable. Believe me, she won't enjoy it either!

5. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Thanks bro. And it was you I was thinking about being that close friend. :hug: Now stop being gay with me on offtopic and get to work.

Helpful.....

Cowardly....Yeah I suppose. I guess I should be more adult about this. In my opinion....no she doesnt have the right to "get in her say"{ Its over, as in, game over. Theres nothing to talk about in my opinion. If I wanted to leave someones house, I shouldnt have to be dragged into a two hour long awkward fight about the reason. I should be able to be like "whelp, look at the time, I'm outta here."

And I would do what Carl Brutananadilewski said, just start slowly moving my shit so that I only have one awkward break up talk with her, but really, I just want to get this done and over with ASAP.

6. johan

johan Active Member

I'll assume you don't have anything super valuable at her house, no 2ct diamonds laying about.

Just have that talk, the sooner the better. Be prepared for it to take a while, if she's got no idea it's coming, she'll want to have her say.

Be firm, if you've lost interest, just say so in a decent way.
    "I don't see a real future for us" is a pretty common one. Take that out for a spin and see how she handles.

And since you're the breaker and she's the breakee, throw her a bone with the "you deserve someone better than me" line.

It's a cliche, sure, but trust me, when she blabbing away and tears everywhere, she'll grab onto it like a life preserver tossed into the North Atlantic. And in a way, it'll ease your guilt too.

If your stuff isnt really that valuable, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Grab the big items afterward and leave. It's not that hard.

The feeling of freedom on the drive home is indescribable :) Ah, it's like sweet, sweet wine....

7. Carl Brutananadilewski

Carl Brutananadilewski Active Member

:h5:

Seriously though, just have a talk and be explicit in that you won't be getting back together with her. I know she won't take it well, but stick to your guns. If you're guilted back into the relationship, you'll both be miserable :hs:

Work? Bitch, I had just gotten home from Stephanie's house. It's going well, and you are still wrong about me not being able to get an attractive woman :p

It's too bad about that drink bet with Tas though; I still owe you for that :o If you hurry up and get a gf, we can go on a double date :mamoru: