SRS Is this a bad signal, or just a bump in the road? v.i'm worried.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by The Green Bastard, Jun 29, 2006.

1. The Green Bastard

The Green Bastard Click click click bang

My gf and i get along so well. I've mentioned it before, it's a 1 hr ldr, and until i get work closer (I'm looking for work nonstop, in her city), i can do this.

Our schedules clash, unfortunately. :( She works usually weekends, mostly backshifts, and the occasional weeknight backshift, and I work mon-sat dayshifts.

The past week we didn't get to see each other, because of work.

We were talking a little while ago on the phone. We talked about how we don't see each other enough, and she said that she thinks about me a lot (I think about her all the time) but she said we never have DEEP conversations, and there's a lot about her I don't know.

I thought we had no secrets....and I'll let her know every little thing about me.

Am I worrying too much? Or is this a sign?

I care about her SOOOO much....I hate the thought of losing her.

2. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

maybe its time to dedicate more time and attention to her when you can. anything romantic should shut her up

3. The Green Bastard

God I know I need more time with her, and I want to spend some romantic time with her.

Maybe a night away at a country inn with candles and Just Us.

4. The Green Bastard

I'm just worried sick. I really care about her, and DON'T want to get my heart smashed to bits once again.

5. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

Ok, first of...RELAX man. Its not even a bump man. It sounds like she was just making a general statement.

What do you guys talk about then?? Just general stuff??
    Couple of times along their you should have had some deep conversations....

And everyone has secrets, man. Everyone has a past and everyone has something they rather not remember. My girlfriend has told me so much about herself and her past and I am still learning tons about her. I believe we have had some deep conversations but also I haven't told her too much about my past either though. Some stuff I don't even want to talk about cause its fucked up embarassing shit that I totally regret.

Now your solution to this is to have more deep, meaningful conversations. Let her tell you about her past. You can begin by telling her something of yourself and your past.

For example.....I told my girlfriend when I was younger I used to steal comic books and not once in a while but like all the time and I never got caught doin it either. Other people around me would get caught doin it but I never did. I guess I was lucky and I told my GF that this was something I had never told anyone else which is true. If my parents knew about this they would be disgusted with me.

6. The Green Bastard

I think jus not seeing each other enough is really getting to us. I want to share all our deepest secrets...that's what it's about, right? Nothing held back. I hope i get to see her really sooon---she's just SO busy with her work. :(

7. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

You don't have to bust out every secret you have just for the sake of sharing. Just go with it, and when the time comes, share small things here and there. If you bust out all your cards in the beginning, what are you gonna share later?

8. The Green Bastard

Ah true. I hope i'm just overreacting here :sad2:

9. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

What does she do??

Yea, she just feels like she doesn't know the deep things about u and vice versa. Nothing held back.
    But you also don't have to give it all up at once.

You are. relax!

10. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

well at the least you can look at it that at least she wants to get deep with you. thats a better sign then her giving two shits about you

11. The Green Bastard

She is a corrections officer. And a n00b there, so she gets all the crappy shifts...usually weekend backshifts, or short-notice shifts. Our plans this week have been screwed 3 times because of herwork. :sad2:

I hope to see her tonight. :x: I really miss her.

12. Broken5hift

Broken5hift New Member

get her some flowers or a nice inexpensive item. she will like that

13. RotiEatter

RotiEatter New Member

Dude, didn't you just get over your last relationship not to long ago? Maybe the only bump in the road is you... I think you get attached waaaay to easily or something.

14. The Green Bastard

That was a year ago, almost.

And...

15. johan

johan Active Member

I was going to post something about the detaching signals she was trying to send you, but I see from your other post that she's already detached.

And so it goes. Sorry man. Shitty.

16. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I wouldn't be so eager to share all of your secrets. There always needs to be a little bit of mystery to keep the attraction going.

17. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: I've noticed the same thing from your posts. You seem to become obsessed with every girl who pays a little attention to you, even if you've never met her. Then your world comes crashing down when she decides to end things. A couple months later you find a new girl and the cycle starts all over again. If a couple of people on the internet can see this just from your posts, then I'm sure the girls you meet notice this too. If every relationship turns out the same way then you might want to take a step back and really look at what you are doing and what might be scaring them away. It can't ALWAYS be them. I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, just giving you my honest opinion of what I've noticed over the past couple of years. It seems like you are always looking for a new girl to replace the old one. Why not take some time for yourself and not worry about getting into a relationship. Spend time with friends and family and enjoy your own life. You can have fun without a gf. I've noticed that the best relationships always come when you aren't looking for them.

18. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Well said. Is this a bump in the road? Possibly. It sounds like a BS excuse because all that I have gathered from your posts is that you are in a extremely open relationship-and if that's the case her excuse doesn't make sense. In that case, yes, her saying that is a very big red flag. It could very well be that she has started to distance herself and is creating reasons for wanting to break it off.

As with the above posts, if this is a reoccuring trend with you, then you do need to be doing some self evaluation. I've noticed that you seem to try to live a fairytale relationship, and that just isn't how it works.
    Being 100% open is silly, and her excuse sounds like BS. Most girls don't want guys to know every little gritty dirty detail about them. Some of the things might cause a guy (in their mind) to lose attraction or think less of her. She doesn't want to spill all of those little secrets, no matter how much you make it clear you will be fine with it. Besides, saying you can deal with whatever secrets someone may have, regardless of what they could be, is a very weak thing to say. It sends off a message that you are so desperate for her that no matter how terrible something in the past is, you will be okay with it. You must have standards.
    Then there is the little thing called MYSTERY, which could be very important in a relationship. If you are an open book then you are predictable and boring. Don't be this. I am not saying to do the extreme which is never reveal anything, but don't be an open book. You have your own life, your own goals, and she doesn't have to know EVERYTHING. I'm not talking about keeping secrets, I'm talking about not revealing everything-especially so early in the relationship.

19. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

No way. The worst thing he can do is show how clingy he is.