SRS is there such a thing as the one(soulmate)?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ChineseSpoon, Nov 26, 2006.

1. ChineseSpoon

ChineseSpoon OT Supporter

i dated this girl (rhianna) for a year when i was 18/19 then brokeup mutually, a very clean breakup. maybe cos we were young and dumb at the time we had some stupid fights that led to the breakup. now fast forward to now, i'm 25, we're still great friends, one of the closeset, and i've had numerous gfs after her and just recently finished a 1.5year relationship and the ex immediately started dating another guy:wtc:. now i'm thinking back, i've never really found another girl that is more compatible with me than rhianna. and we prolly wouldnt have brokenup if we were more mature, those fights prolly wouldn't have matterif they happen today. now we are still great friends, we sometimes talk all night just on every stupid and personal things. and when we go out with other people, for people taht don't know us very well ,thought we were a couple and this happened more than a handful of times. i never got jealous or anything when she dates other guys, but she's single now. what i'm pondering is is she the one, my true love, i honestly don't know? we are just great friends and i definatly wouln't mind giving it another chance with her.

but would that freak her out? i seriously don't wanna jeopradize this relationship right now. i don't know if she had anymore feelings for me. maybe she already sees me as a great guy friend.
    some female input woult be great:bigthumb:

end emo rant/

2. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:dunno: Weigh what you have to lose versus what you have to gain, and take into account the likelihood that you'll fuck it up anyways by not keeping your feelings in check, then act accordingly.

As for soulmates, I believe there are people out there who you will have strong connections with, I dont believe there's any single person. You have a good one with rhianna because you've shared a lot with eachother

3. Saturn Sun

Saturn Sun New Member

Dont just blurb that you think she's your soulmate and you 2 should be togeather or she'll prolly:ugh:

but hey good luck man :bigthumb:

4. johan

johan Active Member

Is there only the One..... good question.

Well two things here, expectations/worldview and sample size/opportunity cost

First off, as you get older and leave your teens/20's your criteria for "soulmate" will change.
    What you treasured as inviolable and absolute when you were 19....will look way different when you're 35.

Secondly, as you get into your 25-30+ range, you will have met (should have anyways) many many girls.
    You will then realize that the attributes of "soulmate", belong not to just One holy and elusive person....but to a small class of people.

Now admittedly this isn't a large group, but you will find that there is more than just ONE single person on a planet of six fucking billion people, with whom you could have an unbelieveably deeply satisfying soul energizing cosmic life experience.

Remember to keep working on the sample size while in college. That's a good time for.....um...exploration. :)