Is there something wrong with Nissan Pathfinders?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by firestarter810, Dec 4, 2006.

1. firestarter810

firestarter810 New Member

I see a ton for sale. I'm just looking for a winter beater that I can comfortably put the family in. And I refuse to buy a minivan.

I'm also a mechanic, so I can do my own repairs. But we don't run into any of these where I work, and no one I've talked to has any experience.

I don't mind doing regular maintenance, but I don't want a POS truck.

2. Cheeks

Cheeks New Member

Whoa...I see a lot of 4Runners for sale - what's wrong with them? LOL. Anywho, I don't think I've ever heard anything negative about Pathfinders, really. The reasons they are being sold could be subjective to the seller; just like any other vehicle seller.

3. slimer

slimer New Member

I have a 95 Pathy thats 5sp and has a 3" lift. 32" tires make it a fun winter car.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

2004 and older are unibody. 5speed stick or 4speed auto with either the 3.3L or 3.5L (depends on year). They're great vehicles and can usually be had for less than a 4Runner. Between a pathfinder or 4runner, I'd rather have the pathfinder, too!

2005 and newer are body-on-frame. With a 5speed automatic and 4.0L VQ engine. They're AWSOME rigs.

5. austincabot

austincabot New Member

Not trying to be a smart ass, but it could just be that there were alof of them produced, so there will naturally be a lot for sell. There are a lot of civics for sell because they made of shitload of them. Now find me that many e30 M3's. You can't because there just isnt the supply. My dad had a '94 Pathfinder when I was younger. I loved that thing cause it had a built in car phone, and what seemed like a 100 speaker stereo. Too bad it couldn't pull our boat very well.