SRS Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wolf Demon, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Wolf Demon

Wolf Demon HURF DURF OT Supporter

Am I an incredibly boring person? Do people just not like my physical looks?

I have always had trouble making friends. Despite many attempts to ever make any friends, even if I do come into "friendship status," I'm the one who has to make the effort to plan things. Nobody takes the initiative to do anything with me. It mentally drains me. I constantly feel like they don't care enough about me to invite me along to go do things. I'm a freshman at college right now. I thought I'd maybe make some friends up here, but I guess I was wrong. Except for my roomate, I've been alone for the last few months. Even he doesn't invite me to go out to do anything. He just ups and leaves.

I sortof think that partially, the reason is that I'm losing my hair at an early age. You can see a balding spot on the back of my head and this has been happening since high school. People see that and decide not to ever talk to me or something:sadwavey:

2. Torzilla

Torzilla New Member

Sounds like maybe you're counting yourself out before others can. I know it sounds cliche but if you think there is something wrong, or that other people will think somethings wrong.. then they will. You throw off body language that speaks volumes.

3. Abomb

Abomb New Member

sounds like you need to read the book 'how to win friends and influence people'

4. Wolf Demon

When I interact with people I'm pretty sure I'm always positive and I always try to make conversation. It's just that no matter how much someone seems to like me, they will like the next person even more

5. Wolf Demon

My roomate has that book sitting on his desk:hs:

6. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

It's not your hair loss. It's your need for acceptance that is causing your suffering. If you expect less from people then you might not be so letdown. Try to make yourself the focus of interesting things.

That's what I do anyway. I'm the center of attention, even if only in my head. It makes me a lot happier and people tend to be attracted to me because I'm not needy for attention.

If you don't see yourself as inherently valuable, worthwhile, interesting, and capable of being liked, then you will struggle.

7. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

post a pic so that we can answer your physical looks concern

8. Wolf Demon

Thanks for the advice you guys. I will definitely try some of this stuff out

9. Nix112

Nix112 ... OT Supporter

You male friends don't care about your bald spot. If you are away at college why not try to seek out a group that has the same interest? Maybe you aren't clicking with the people you are hanging around with.