SRS Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Maffy29, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Been thinking about this a lot lately and maybe I'm thinking too much into it, who knows. So I've been getting into that mode where I think it might be good to get back into a relationship (I'm 27). I've met a bunch of girls, gone out on dates (lunch or otherwise). Of the ones that could be classified as "successful", I lost interest. One girl was a good relationship candidate. She had a good personality, little to no emotional baggage, but I couldn't get into her. While this might not sound like an issue on the surface, but this apathy has been happening to me for going on 4 years now. The only girls I can see myself making an effort with are ones I've known for a while (1 year +). Two that come to mind are probably both not possibilities. I probably got friendzoned somewhere during her last relationship (she is single now) and the other is in a happy relationship. It seems like it takes me that kind of time to develop, at least to me, what feels like "relationship feelings". Can somebody give me some type of insight into this?

2. Kirbys Autumn

Kirbys Autumn Mrs. Kirby McSpic

I agree. Just take some time to get to know them. Hang out in groups and just have fun for now. As you get to know the girls better, maybe you'll start developing "relationship feelings". Good luck and have fun! :)

3. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

See thats where the problem lies. I always get friendzoned in that period of time.

Example: Met a cool girl that went to the same college. We talked online a bit through Myspace. She had a b/f back at home (an hour away), but we never talked about him. Her and I would go out to the bar, lunch, hockey games, etc. Always had a good time together. I've really gotten to know her and she's a great girl. One night I hung out with her at the bar after a couple of her friends had to leave. She told me I was her best friend at school. I know she only sees me as a friend, nothing more.

Thats the only problem with taking so long before I really like a girl.

4. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

Try going for a chick that's available.

5. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

what's the deal with people thinking friendzone is permanent? i think it would depend on what type of friendship you have.

6. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

She was single when I met her. Then got back with her high school sweetheart for about the next 6 months or so. Now she's single again.

How can I determine what type of friendship I have with her?

7. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

By asking her? :confused:

Make your intentions known.. If she denies you, i'm sure your friendship will still be salvagable.