Is there something like memtest86+ for testing video memory?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MrBrotato, Mar 23, 2009.

1. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

I'm kinda thinking my video card may be having issues. Every once in a while I'll get a BSOD only while gaming. I think it is memory related because it gives an error like 0x00000101 or some random stuff like that and says it tried addressing something from memory and failed. However this only happens while gaming so thats what leads me to think it may be my video card's memory.

Is there some kind of program similar to memtest that will test out my video card?

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Video RAM errors will cause artifacting, not BSOD.

3. DeathClock

DeathClock Guest

In general, but as a DirectX developer I can tell you you CAN use the video RAM for whatever you want. So if a programmer loads some type of non-render data into video RAM it could cause the program to crash, not sure that would result in a blue screen though, most likely a C2D.

4. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

maybe it's nvidia's physx or something?

anyways, i don't know of any software, although this came up as the first result in google :mamoru:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/Video_Memory_Stress_Test__d5896.html

5. Mike99TA

Mike99TA I don't have anything clever to put here right now

Did you even use memtest86+ to just test the regular memory? It really just sounds like you have system memory issues, not video memory. Just because it only happens when you play games doesn't mean it's a video memory issue, its likely still system memory.