TAT Is there really such a thing as jet black ink that doesn't turn green?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Jago, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Jago

Jago It helps if you hit it.

One artist told me that no matter what brand of black is used, it depends on your skin on wether or not it will remain jet black or appear as green over time.

Another artist told me its the ink itself. Some black ink fades into green and other ink stays jet black. It has nothing to do with your skin, just what ink the artist decides to use.

Which is true?

2. ST33LR4T

ST33LR4T New Member

i was told its all in the ink. the artist i went to told me mine would hold its black colour.

3. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I really fucking hope all the black on my back doesnt go green..thats about 75% of my tattoo.

4. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

*warning: OPINION*

what i've heard is there's been a lot of advances in tattoo ink over the years. if this is true, how would we really know? what i mean to say is, the only way to see what something will do over time is to allow time to pass. if you look at ink that has faded to green now, think about when it was first tattooed. think about how much has changed/improved since then.

edit: this is ignoring the case that the ink isn't really "black" to begin with...

5. StarDamage

StarDamage Good grief! OT Supporter

I have had one of my tats for six years and although it hasnt held the colour it had when first done, it is definately not green. Just a few shades lighter than jet black. I spose there would be alot of variables to consider like exposure to sunlight etc. I might be wrong and end up having a green arm and half a green leg.