MIL Is there racism or sexism among US soldiers in Iraq?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AlextheDroog, Jun 16, 2005.

1. AlextheDroog

AlextheDroog Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any ya

If so, where does it happen, away from the action or close to it?

and i'm talking racism in all forms as well as sexism..

are there race groups in iraq? skinhead or aryans or militant black groups or any other kind of race hate group?

do the men have issues taking orders from women in forward areas (NOT in a firefight i'm talking during down time)?

2. pakman

pakman New Member

I've been in Iraq for 6 months now, and haven't experienced any racism whatsoever. BTW I'm Korean. Hell, throughout the 3+ years I've been in no one's been racist to me in any way. Now as for the pollack motherfuckers at my camp, I think every country here is racist against them. Who knew that 90% of a country's army could be complete idiots/douche bags.

3. AlextheDroog

AlextheDroog Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any ya

are you saying soldiers from poland are racists?

has anyone else experienced racism from another country's soldiers in the alliance including iraqi soldiers or officers?

4. pakman

pakman New Member

Not really, more of a superiority complex. Most of the coalition here dislike the Polish due to their ignorance and blatant disregard of the other country's requests. The Polish are in command of the camp I'm at. No idea how that happened.

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

ditto.

When I was growing up as a Navy brat, there was a lot of racism in the military (this is back in the 60's). But by the time I joined in 1978, I never once saw anything even approaching racism.

6. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

umm my family is from Poland but I am in the U.S. Army.... Poland was one of the few countries in the world to actually have some balls and help out in the war in iraq. they were even heavily considering making a U.S. base in Poland. Polish soldiers are also very hardcore and their special ops are on par with most major countries special ops. can you name exact things they did to you or your unit personally?

7. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

He wasn't saying anything against you or your family. And he is speaking from experience. :hsugh:

8. DaRkPhAnToM

yeah i know that. i didnt mean in in that way. i just always heard good things on the polish troops from other people in the us army and british forces, never heard anything like this

9. Accord

Accord New Member

I was at my recruiters office the other day and he was telling me about a kid that he recruited about a year or two ago who is in Iraq now and he kept calling him a "dark green Marine" and I had no idea what he was talking about, I thought that was like a special belt you get from martial arts or something :rofl:. After feeling like a dumbass and asking what he meant by "dark green Marine," he explained that there is no such thing as a black Marine or an asian Marine or anything and that all Marines are green with the only distinction being light green or dark green, I guess they do this to virtually eliminate any and all racism and to create more a "togetherness" feeling or something along those lines, so you probably wouldn't have to worry about racism at all.

10. TheNewMonaro

TheNewMonaro New Member

He may have been dealing with a bunch of conscripts :dunno:

11. pakman

pakman New Member

General consensus for the Iraqis that live in Hilla dislike the Polish. They shoot at anything and everything that gets near their convoys. There are parts of the city where it's fairly difficult for a car to spot a convoy going 50+MPH through a market place, but the Polish don't understand that. They'll shoot. And I can guarantee they are the only country that does that. I've been on convoys with three other nations here and none of these guys are trigger-happy.

Now inside the camp, my team's the US maint. group here. We fix all the humvees/5-tons that were signed out to the other nations. We've got a set schedule that everyone meets except for the Polish. They reschedule at the last minute, and then they don't even show up 75% of the time. Every other country doesn't have a problem bringing in their vehicles to get PMCS'd on time.

I can name 100 other things that the Polish have done to me and my team, just being overrall rude and inconsiderate but there's no need. I'm not really racist at all against the Polish. I've got Polish buddies back at home, and I hang out with a few guys from the battle group here. I just hate the majority of them, is that a crime?

12. Tycoon

Tycoon New Member

Damn, that sucks bro.

13. Mint Berry Crunch

Mint Berry Crunch Active Member

Damn Polish. Oh wait I'm Polish. :o

14. DaRkPhAnToM

o damn, i see. didnt know of anything like that